Denon 1700h or 2700h or 3700h

Hi.. I'm looking for a 5.1 setup, which I may upgrade to 7.1 later. So wanted to check which Denon AVR you would recommend. My current speakers are Yamaha NSF51 (which I will be soon upgrading too). I'm looking for good power as Yamaha RX-V4A was not giving me enough power. I'm not sure this was coz of my AVR or speakers.
go for denon x3700h as it is future proof. You can upgrade to 7.2.4 atmos/dtsX setup with a external 2-channel power amp or can use it as a standalone 7.2.2/5.2.4 avr.

Planning to go 5.1 or 5.1.2?

It's advisable to get LCR from same brands, check out matching center with the speakers you have planned.
For now will be going with 5.1 set up and in the future may go for 5.1.2.. Do you think that Monitor Audio - Monitor 159c is a good center speaker?

Upgrade the speakers first, V4A is a latest AVR from Yamaha and is decently specd.

Upgrading speakers should definitely be on the cards first, than move to the AVR. Right now the AVRs cost a bomb, you have a new good enough AVR. Don't spend more on them now, change the 5.1 or upgrade it, including the subwoofer if possible.
I managed to sell my speakers and AVR.. got Denon 2700h.. now looking for speakers.. so which option would you suggest from the below

polk signature s60 for towers
Polk signature s30 for center
Polk signature s10 for surrounds..

Another option is klispch..
Klipsch R-620F - 1Pair - Front
Klipsch R-52C - 1Unit - Center
Klipsch R-41M - 1Pair - Surround

Another option is Monitor Audio
MA Monitor 200 towers
MA Monitor c150
MA Monitor 50 surrounds

If you think that polk is a good and not much different from Klipsch or Monitor Audio, then would prefer to go with polk as I have that dealer located locally.. so can get the service. Other two I'll have to get it from outside

Your thoughts on the above?

I managed to sell my speakers and AVR.. got Denon 2700h.. now looking for speakers.. so which option would you suggest from the below

Congratulations, best advice is to listen and audition speakers. Their are lot more brands and speakers which can serve you the purpose.

MA Monitor 200 towers
MA Monitor c150
MA Monitor 50 surrounds

If you think that polk is a good and not much different from Klipsch or Monitor Audio, then would prefer to go with polk as I have that dealer located locally.. so can get the service. Other two I'll have to get it from outside

Polk is fine for home theatre, but would not reccomend the Signature series.
They look nice but sound quality is very average.

Go for the RTi series (tried and trusted).

Else the Reserve series - excellent but pricey.

Polk has also recently launched the Signature Elite Series. Never heard them, but believe its an attempt to improve the Signature series.

MA Monitor 200 towers
MA Monitor c150
MA Monitor 50 surrounds

Polk signatures are good for HT. Klipsch are perfect for 50-50 movie and music. Monitor speakers can be warm sounding speakers like Dali Oberon and better suited for music Try demo of them.

MA Monitor 200 towers
MA Monitor c150
MA Monitor 50 surrounds

Would probably be better if you open a new thread regarding speakers suggestion, as it might be helpful for others who are looking for similar recommendations.

With that being said, you'd need to provide little bit more details regarding the usage like xx% movies & xx% music, budget, room dimensions, seating distance etc. These will help in determining which option might be better suited based on your usage and room.

Others have already chimed in with their thoughts regarding the speakers suggestion. Best advice is to demo them personally with the content that you'd be using these speakers for, to get a comparison on what sounds good to your ears.

Since you're asking recommendations for 5.1 setup, I would assume majority of the usage would be for movies. If that's the case, I'd recommend dropping the idea of having towers for Front L/R and instead opt for bookshelf speakers + upgrade the subwoofer to something like SVS/REL/Rythmik, whichever fits your budget. Center and subwoofer are the most important HT components and Front L/R is recommended to be timbre matched with the center, so you should plan your budget accordingly.

If you're opting for Klipsch, drop the Reference series and opt for Reference Premiere series like Klipsch RP-600M. Please make sure that you like their sound signature and they don't sound too bright to your ears. Have them auditioned for at-least half an hour, to ensure that they don't cause ear fatigue from longer listening sessions. I'd recommend to add KEF Q series speakers as well to the above demo list, if they fit within your budget.

I can see that you're based out of Pune, where AVStore has a demo room with multiple options to choose from. Please do give them a call and discuss your requirements as well as book an appointment, if possible. Maybe others can help you with any other dealer contacts who might have specific speakers you're looking to demo.

Good luck with your hunt and feel free to ask any further queries you might've.

Hi all, I am getting a brand new unboxed Denon 2700h for 65k with 5 months of warranty remaining - bought by a guy who had to go abroad after buying the AVR last August and had bought it for Rs.70k. When I bargained a bit more, he is giving a 10k worth onkyo 8 amps ceiling speakers free apart from this deal. Is it a good deal or should I call it off. He says he cant go below this.

Hi all, I am getting a brand new unboxed Denon 2700h for 65k with 5 months of warranty remaining - bought by a guy who had to go abroad after buying the AVR last August and had bought it for Rs.70k. When I bargained a bit more, he is giving a 10k worth onkyo 8 amps ceiling speakers free apart from this deal. Is it a good deal or should I call it off. He says he cant go below this.

New Denons are not available anymore, and soon the ones available will have sky rocketed price. Old stock is sold at high rates.
Some people who are dealers or know all this can confirm if the way imports are happening have changed which has increased the prices. That is the info I got.

The more one waits, expect more expensive products in future. Get what you can right now.

New Denons are not available anymore, and soon the ones available will have sky rocketed price. Old stock is sold at high rates.
Some people who are dealers or know all this can confirm if the way imports are happening have changed which has increased the prices. That is the info I got.

The more one waits, expect more expensive products in future. Get what you can right now.
He unpacked and demoed it in front of my eyes. He has Polk signature series and it sounded great. Heard music and watched an hour of TV as we spoke about the deal. I had paid a 1000 bucks token to finalise it tomorrow but thanks a lot for reinstating my decision.

He unpacked and demoed it in front of my eyes. He has Polk signature series and it sounded great. Heard music and watched an hour of TV as we spoke about the deal. I had paid a 1000 bucks token to finalise it tomorrow but thanks a lot for reinstating my decision.

Go for it

Grab it. It's worth a deal.

Seems like a good deal. Check everything and if all in order go for it.

The main part of getting pre-owned equipments is first person inspection. That being done and you feeling confident are good enough reasons for you to go for it. Specially when getting a new one is tougher than ever!

My lg cx does not have a dts decoder I think. But it still may support Dolby true HD and Dolby Atmos passthrough the Avr. Or have they upgraded a patch in lg cx that now supports dts?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back