Denon 1906 problem

Bluu

I have a Denon 1906 connected to two Mission M34i floor-standers and a Boston Acoustics 150W powered sub-woofer. Some time ago, the amp had stopped powering on. When turned on, it would "boot", if you know what I mean, for about 2-3 seconds and then instantly turn off. I gave it to a repair center and got it fixed. The diagnosis was that some transistors had failed and were replaced. After getting the amp back, I can now successfully turn it on without issues. However, I am no longer getting proper volume levels out of the amp. I thought this might be because earlier the amp was powering four M34i speakers and had the individual channels set to suit my taste. So, I went into the channel setup in order to change the channel levels to determine if that was the problem. The moment the test tone started, however, the amp turned off again! This happened repeatedly when tried on 2-3 occasions. I am worried about frying some components again so I want to know what the problem might be. When all four speakers were connected, I used to get really good volume levels at about -15 to -20db but with just two speakers, even below -15db the volume is very low. Any help in figuring out if the problem lies with the amp, cables or speakers will be greatly appreciated.

Bluu what i feel is we may have a problem with the transistors, when you got them placed, Did u cross check the power ratings and manufacturer of the ones that were taken out and the ones they installed.

If they did not install the same ones or a different brand the problem can come up.

It can be a problem of the transistors that have been installed also u may have some other issues with the circuit beyond the transistors which may be causing the transistors to blow.

I feel this needs a through check of the circuitry and the components.

Bluu what i feel is we may have a problem with the transistors, when you got them placed, Did u cross check the power ratings and manufacturer of the ones that were taken out and the ones they installed.

If they did not install the same ones or a different brand the problem can come up.

It can be a problem of the transistors that have been installed also u may have some other issues with the circuit beyond the transistors which may be causing the transistors to blow.

I feel this needs a through check of the circuitry and the components.

Do you know where I can get this done? Is it a good idea to get it checked at Xperia? Do you know of a better service center? My Denon is not purchased in India, will they still service it?

Do you know where I can get this done? Is it a good idea to get it checked at Xperia? Do you know of a better service center? My Denon is not purchased in India, will they still service it?

Hi Dushie

Pro FX is the authorised distributor of Denon in India.You can get in touch with them at

BENGALURU:
No. 53, K.H.Road, Bengaluru - 27

Tel: + 91 80 22112043, 32970853
E-mail: [email protected]

It doesn't matter if not purchased in India.They'll service it if u have an international warranty.At the most they'll charge u for the repairs if your system is out of warranty or if they do not honour international warranties.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back