Denon 1910 + Polk audio Sugestions?

Mig_27

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I have been planning to buy a home theatre system for about six months. I did a lot of research and reading and finally decided on the following:

1. Denon AVR 1910
2. Polk audio TSI 300 front
3. TSI 100 surround
4. CS 10 centre
5. PSW 125 sub

I have a Samsung LA40530 40 in LCD and PS3. Please comment on the setup.my budget is 100K.

Did you audition the Polk Audio RTi series also. I would prefer a bookshelf based RTi to the TSi series. You could have for the same price

1. RTi A1
2. OWM3 Surrounds
3. CSi A4
4. DSW Pro 500

You will get a much better Centre and Sub. Surrounds though not as good, I think they are good enough for the purpose. Fronts, though these are bookshelves, the RTi sound better than TSi series. What you lose in bass extension in the fronts will be more than made up in the Sub.

Raghav.

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I have been planning to buy a home theatre system for about six months. I did a lot of research and reading and finally decided on the following:

1. Denon AVR 1910
2. Polk audio TSI 300 front
3. TSI 100 surround
4. CS 10 centre
5. PSW 125 sub

I have a Samsung LA40530 40 in LCD and PS3. Please comment on the setup.my budget is 100K.

The good thing about considering Denon & Polk Audio is that you can audition everything under one roof & thats at Pro Fx. Though not considered the best place to shop for Hi Fi & Home Theatre they have have a good range so you can pick & choose what you want.

My 2 cents :)

I had the EXACTLY same configuration in my mind when I went to Pro-Fx two weeks back. I audiotioned the combo and found it be harsh. Then I just went to the other demo room and audiotioned Kef with Denon 2310. WOW.. we (me, my dad and brother in law) were blown away with the sound clarity and sweet sound from this combo. But it was way above my initial budget of Denon 1910 + Polk Tsi. But it was too tempting :). Then I auditioned lots of other brands -

Onkyo with B&W 684 (very exensive combo, though sounded really great)
Onkyo with Klipsch (not impressed)
Onkyo with Jamo 606 (not so great)
Onkyo with Wharf 9.5 (It was good and economical, but the sweet sound of Kef was still asking me to go for Kef)
Denon 1909 with Monitor Audion BR 5(This was sounding tooo dull. No life at all)
Denon 1909 with Dali Ikon 6(This was great but price)

Then I went back to ProFx and Auditioned Denon 1910 vs 2310. To my ears, Denon 2310 was much superior in sound quality and lots of forums also suggest 2310 is definitely worh the extra money from 1910.

Finally this is what I got

Amp - Denon 2310
Front - Kef iQ7 (This is a discountinued mode, got around 35% discount, but this sounds great)
Center - Kef iQ60C (This is an awesome center speaker. Dialog clarity for movies is just perfect)
Rear - Jamo s416 ( I had these ones before with my existing Onkyo HTIB)
Sub - Onkyo HTIB Sub. (I am planning to upgrade this to Polk PSW 110/125).

Hope this helps :).

-John

My 2 cents :)

I had the EXACTLY same configuration in my mind when I went to Pro-Fx two weeks back. I audiotioned the combo and found it be harsh. Then I just went to the other demo room and audiotioned Kef with Denon 2310. WOW.. we (me, my dad and brother in law) were blown away with the sound clarity and sweet sound from this combo. But it was way above my initial budget of Denon 1910 + Polk Tsi. But it was too tempting :). Then I auditioned lots of other brands -

Onkyo with B&W 684 (very exensive combo, though sounded really great)
Onkyo with Klipsch (not impressed)
Onkyo with Jamo 606 (not so great)
Onkyo with Wharf 9.5 (It was good and economical, but the sweet sound of Kef was still asking me to go for Kef)
Denon 1909 with Monitor Audion BR 5(This was sounding tooo dull. No life at all)
Denon 1909 with Dali Ikon 6(This was great but price)

Then I went back to ProFx and Auditioned Denon 1910 vs 2310. To my ears, Denon 2310 was much superior in sound quality and lots of forums also suggest 2310 is definitely worh the extra money from 1910.

Finally this is what I got

Amp - Denon 2310
Front - Kef iQ7 (This is a discountinued mode, got around 35% discount, but this sounds great)
Center - Kef iQ60C (This is an awesome center speaker. Dialog clarity for movies is just perfect)
Rear - Jamo s416 ( I had these ones before with my existing Onkyo HTIB)
Sub - Onkyo HTIB Sub. (I am planning to upgrade this to Polk PSW 110/125).

Hope this helps :).

-John
I think whatever u guys are saying is absolutely right. But consider this: I started out with a budget of 40K for a sony HT system, then Denon 1509 with pro fx fusion, then denon 1910 with pro fx fusion and now I have increased my budget to 100K for Denon 1910 with TSi series. The budget includes wires and connectors too. The sound kept getting better with increase in money. I decided 100K is my final budget. I did not audition anything better like RTi series because I knew it will be better and would make me dislike the previous setup. So where does it end? Guys I appreciate all your efforts. Thanks.
The Q is can I get a better AVR/Speakers + wires + connectors in this budget than what i Chose?

Hi,

You can try Denon 1910 with Wharfs Diamond 9.5 / 9.6. I think this will fall in your budget of 100K. I felt Warfs sounded better with Denon than Polk.

However Polk Subwoofers are cheaper and good value for money.

Thanks,
John.

Try and audition as many speakers as you can before you make a choice.

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/6012-speaker-prices-compared-inr-gbp.html has a list of many of the speaker brands that are available in India.

I think the pricing for Wharfedale and Mordaunt Short should be workable in your budget but only your ears can tell you if you like them or not.

You will have a better bargaining position if you are getting all the stuff from one dealer but ProFX prices are not as competitive as some of the others.

Hi guys, after going thru the posts and recomendations i am thinking of an alternate setup.
1. Denon 1910 (Somehow dont feel like changing this)
2. Wharf diamond 9.5 fronts.
3. Wharf diamond 9.1 surround.
4. Diamond 9cs centre
5. SW 150 sub
I can replace the sub with a cheaper polk audio sub to fit it into budget if required. How good is this setup as compared to my previous polk audio Tsi setup?

Last edited:
Hi guys, after going thru the posts and recomendations i am thinking of an alternate setup.
1. Denon 1910 (Somehow dont feel like changing this)
2. Wharf diamond 9.5 fronts.
3. Wharf diamond 9.1 surround.
4. Diamond 9cs centre
5. SW 150 sub
I can replace the sub with a cheaper polk audio sub to fit it into budget if required. How good is this setup as compared to my previous polk audio Tsi setup?

I am thinking of a very similar setup, with a similar budget.
Did you find the Wharfdales to be superior in sound to the Polks ?

What did you buy finally ?

I am thinking of a very similar setup, with a similar budget.
Did you find the Wharfdales to be superior in sound to the Polks ?

What did you buy finally ?

Wharf is sweat to listen & bass deep too, Polk are open & clean.Bass is shallow.

Wharf is sweat to listen & bass deep too, Polk are open & clean.Bass is shallow.

Spiro I do not agree with your statement here as yesterday itself I had done an Installation for a friend, of Warf 10.1 with Denon 1910 and warf were sounding warm with good bass even from the BS. Since I am the one here who has upgraded from whar to Polk so in my opinion the difference between the 2 is of night and day with polk more inclined towards openess and tight and punchy bass but one thing should be taken into account here with my practical experience i.e Polk requires a lot of amplifier power to perform at it's optimum level whereas if we test them with the entry level Avrs from the likes of Denon or Onkyo then we are not doing the justice to these speakers, in my case too after upgrading from 705 to 905 the performance in the polks has optimized.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back