Denon 1911 v/s yamaha ax761

jenson

whats the in house favorite here? I'm looking for a full impact movie experience. i enjoy movies such as dark knight, inception and likes.

while we are at it, what the recommended speakers and sub-woofers for these avr's.

Although none are recent models, denon is more updated in terms of features and supported formats. I would say go for the denon 1911 (additional supoport for DTS HD MA, Dolby True HD, etc). Not sure what prices you are getting each for. Denon 192 has replaced Denon 1911 this year and ax761 is obsolete now with newer models like rx-v671. Also what will be your source, DVD or Blu rays

For speakers what is your budget? lowest you can get 5.1 (with sub) in around 30K which will be Yamaha models I guess.

haisaikat: thnx much for your response, truly appreciate it.

Source would be blu ray.

for HT spreakers, i already have two pandam satellites which i plan to use as rear speakers (i was using these as front till now).. im mainly looking for 2 new front speakers to replace the pandams... i dont mind going for subs, center and front speakers from one brand. would such an act work..?

budget for speakers: 20-30k

Last edited:
Any speakers in mind?
its difficult to get good speakers which can give justice to Blu rays in this budget..
decided budget for AVR?

within 30K I think Yamaha 5.1 can be option that I suggested --> NSP series. If you are looking for fronts and center of one brand that works and you can get Bookshelves like Polk TSI 100 and CSW center but would be difficult to accomodate a sub thereafter in 30K as fronts + center would range in 25K. I think on lower side sub will be sonodyne around 15 to 18K, not sure of the price of Polk PSW micro series. But do not buy wiothout audition.

oh my bad..I'm just learning my way around this community, will work on my communication.

Speakers: 20-30k. cud push till 35k for something extraordinary (shud be great for music too)
Sub-woofer: 20k
AVR: 20k tops! (im looking at second hand avr's primarily) - at present. i have an offer from a member here for the denon 1911, at this range.

what i would be (also) curious to learn is, what speakers match denon's in general?

I wouldn't depend on AVR's for music. for that i plan to add a decent Amplifier in 35-50k range.

Last edited:
decent amplifier for music?? and second hand AVR for???
why don't you check out for Marantz? good for music and its AVR..50k spent for it will serve you both..
speaker 5.1 set or component system?
for components you have to audition various combinations and for 5.1 Pioneer 51 FS for 40k,21BS for 32k,ETC for 30k..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back