Denon 2113 CI shut down?

ankitbhargava

Since morning I did not see and Audio/Video output from my Denon 2113 CI, what could be wrong?

I am using hi quality Spike of Belkin for Surge Protection and this Amp is always on Stabalizer.

I am based in Udaipur in Rajasthan, any idea which would be closest service center or reliable companies which could look into it? Its 2 and half year old and I bought it from Bangalore (Ivory Edge)

Last edited:
Try resetting the receiver as suggested. Does the problem extend to all inputs from HDMI to analog ?

I did not reset it so far, shall try it straight away

Yes there is no output from digital and analog both, had tried Aux

Just tried resetting as per manual (Power, Preset Ch+ & Preset Ch-) many times but it did not reset. Then tried another method (Power, Dimmer, Zone 2 source) and probably it did reset. I could se some gibberish characters when display started on Unit and the saved FM Channels were erased.

However it did not help in bringing back sound or video

Better call techs for repair. Looks like some internal a/v or hdmi board has gone bad. If you have the bill and( if purchased from profx bangalore). You can call them or the dealer directly. As far as i see only denon dealers in rajasthan seem to be ezone. So you may have to ship your product to profx service center. Contact profx and keep us posted. Hope you get it up and running soon.

Hope you get the issue sorted quickly. I guess you had even contacted them thru facebook. Did that help you or you had to call service centre? Also did you confirm about warranty terms

Hope you get the issue sorted quickly. I guess you had even contacted them thru facebook. Did that help you or you had to call service centre? Also did you confirm about warranty terms

Yes reached them on Facebook and they shared the proper contact :)
confirmed about warranty, it had just 1 year cover.

By the way Denon Singapore referred me to Kripa Electonics (KEI), saw your message on facebook

Bad news,

HDMI PCB Board is gone and new Board would cost Rs. 20000 approx

Is it worth putting a new Board? Or should I look for a buy back option with upgrade?

They also have a Board available which has 2 faulty inputs ... that would cost Rs. 9500

suggestion please

I think better to go for new AVR with buy back offer.... At-least you get 1 yr warranty which you wouldn't get if you replace the HDMI board in your AVR....

I think better to go for new AVR with buy back offer.... At-least you get 1 yr warranty which you wouldn't get if you replace the HDMI board in your AVR....

Checked the deal for Denon X3100 with them, got a quote of approx Rs. 95000 after buy back reduction. Dont think its a good deal, what do you say?

Not at all. If you even consider profx gives minimum 10% discount on products. The mrp: 109000/- adding a discount it would come to roughly 98000/- So that means tgey are offering you only 3k for your avr. That sounds too bad.

did you enquire as to how this happened in the first place

if its a power/surge voltage related issue and
if you havent found the source of the problem
it may happen again

and P>S
Belkin is by no means a "high quality" protection device

the surge protection components they use cost rs 112 and available easily

the Belkin/Supra etc surge protectors will prtect only once on the surge
after that the components have sacrificed themselves

if a surge happens again
both these brands will pass through the current and you wont know what the hell happened

why do you think these extension boxs with inbuilt surge protection are so cheap ( 30 $ )
because youre supposed to replace them after theve done their job once

there are only a handful protection that will protect multiple times depending on their Joule values
and mind you
i said multiple times
NOT indefinite surges

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back