Denon 2309, no audio

pradski

HI, can anyone help.

My AVR was working fine till morning. It was playing tuner. Switched it off before going to work.
Evening I switch it on. No audio is coming from anywhere.

All input modes, all connections no sound.

Reset microprocessor and checked connections. tried audyssey it just hangs to audyssey calibrating. No test tones come.

does this have to go to service centre. Just around 10 months old.

Any body can give some idea, I will be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

HI, can anyone help.

My AVR was working fine till morning. It was playing tuner. Switched it off before going to work.
Evening I switch it on. No audio is coming from anywhere.

All input modes, all connections no sound.

Reset microprocessor and checked connections. tried audyssey it just hangs to audyssey calibrating. No test tones come.

does this have to go to service centre. Just around 10 months old.

Any body can give some idea, I will be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

are you sure there was no power surge before the unit died? usually most avrs have a surge protection circuitry which makes the amp switch off - sometime the power circuit may be damaged though. It can be replaced without problem - will cost a few k's though. Try to get it under warranty.

First Checker your speaker connections ans setting of the AVR. If everything is normal then immediately inform the service center.

Since the avr is less than 12 months warranty is still valid. so don't worry.

Thanks,
Prakash.

suprateep,

no power surge, as I have a stabiliser and before it shut we switched it off.
thanks
prakasse,
thanks
rest fine I think I need to get to service centre, OH i have to go to bangalore
that is the problem.

suprateep,

no power surge, as I have a stabiliser and before it shut we switched it off.
thanks
prakasse,
thanks
rest fine I think I need to get to service centre, OH i have to go to bangalore
that is the problem.

best of luck man......you are covered under the 1 year warranty - nothing to worry. Most probably a small issue with the power circuitry that can be quickly fixed.

do you get any sound from the front rca jacks?

If not, since you are getting power, its not the PSU. Leave the AVR unplugged from the wall for an hour or so for a possible reset. Try connecting 1 speaker across all connecitons one after the other. If they all play then you are good to go with the full conneciton. otherwise it could be your audio circuitry - typically a fuse or a relay or a swtich. Then send it right back for fix under warranty

Hello,
please check all the connection in the speaker end. It might happen that somehow the +ve and -ve end got connected together. It happened to me thanks to the maid in the house. while sweeping the floor she snapped the speaker cables and the +ve and -ve got attached together and as a result no sound was coming out of the avr.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

best of luck man......you are covered under the 1 year warranty - nothing to worry. Most probably a small issue with the power circuitry that can be quickly fixed.

As you said, best of luck ,its really needed bcos service of Denon is BAD or very slow.They dont get actual fault,but only try to change circuit boards.

thanks marsiliens,mahiruha,spirovious.

Nothing is working I think it needs to go service centre.

One more thing. I had this norge amp. When I last got it. It was working fine. from that day (couple of months) it was off the power, i mean disconnected and never used it.
Last night I removed all and connected the norge. Norge also is not working It gets on. No audio in headphone or speaker.
(is it a ploy by my neighbours, there is a girls' hostel next to my compound -:eek:hyeah:)

OR is it my luck.

hi Shiva!

Instead of connecting any more equipment, please check your power supply first. you might end up frying more equipment.

regards,
abhishek.

thanks marsiliens,mahiruha,spirovious.

Nothing is working I think it needs to go service centre.

One more thing. I had this norge amp. When I last got it. It was working fine. from that day (couple of months) it was off the power, i mean disconnected and never used it.
Last night I removed all and connected the norge. Norge also is not working It gets on. No audio in headphone or speaker.
(is it a ploy by my neighbours, there is a girls' hostel next to my compound -:eek:hyeah:)

OR is it my luck.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back