Denon 2310 Or Pioneer Elite VSX-23

patil_s

Hi experts this is my first post. I am unable to decide between Denon 2310 and Pioneer Elite VSX-23. I understand Pioneer will be 110v and will have not any warranty and has to purchased from 20north or ebay global. My room size is 16X11. The fronts are mission m35i, surrounds are infinity beta 20, centre speaker is infinity c250, polk 110 sub woofer & display is LG42LH90. The source will be oppo 983H, panasonic bd80 and htpc based on gigabyte ma785gm-us2h. I want a mean machine to support the gear I have. Denon will come with warranty and Pionner will come with a risk. Is the risk worth the improvements Pionner (in SQ and PQ if any) will offer? What I understand from the info available on net is denon -better video processing and pioneer- better sound. Pioneer uses ABT1015 chip where as Denon is using ABT2010 chip for video processing. Considering the source I have, i think i need a better sounding receiver. What experts suggest?

The Pioneer sounds risky to me. They do not have any major distribution network, nor have they set up any service franchises as they have done for their other products such as DVD Players, etc. For some reason Pioneer seems reluctant to enter the country in a big way.

If you want hard hitting AVR that will blow you away for movies, the best bets are Onkyo and Yamaha. Onkyo's new models seem to be getting good reviews. In Yamaha, unfortunately, only models above 1700 are good, unlike last year were their 663 and 863 were superb units.

Cheers

Thanks spirovious and Venkat. :) A friend of mine suggested Marantz 6004. But I find it having some problems in Europe and America. Anybody having it on forum? Yamaha 1900 seems great and quoted @ 60-65 on ebay global and is it worth taking risk with than Pioneer? What is Yamaha's Price in Mumbai? Any suggestions please...:)

IMHO patil_s, go for whatever is available with warranty, papers etc i.e what you are comfortable with. I own the 2310 - love it for what is does. You will be hard pressed to tell the difference in movie SQ with any of the rcvrs. you mentioned against the denon.
Now if you are talking about music then you have to be careful. I was more than satisfied with my denon for music - in comparison to my music only system which costs X6-7 times more. Music appeared fairly warm, no overtly exaggerated treble and decent tight bass. I did not like the yamahas with music.
Cheers
Sid

IMHO patil_s, go for whatever is available with warranty, papers etc i.e what you are comfortable with. I own the 2310 - love it for what is does. You will be hard pressed to tell the difference in movie SQ with any of the rcvrs. you mentioned against the denon.
Now if you are talking about music then you have to be careful. I was more than satisfied with my denon for music - in comparison to my music only system which costs X6-7 times more. Music appeared fairly warm, no overtly exaggerated treble and decent tight bass. I did not like the yamahas with music.
Cheers
Sid

Hi sid,

What speakers are you using with Denon 2310?

Thanks
Satya.

Thanks sidvee.:) Another friend of mine suggested Marantz 7002. Anybody on forum having it? I read on forum @ availability of Yamaha 863. Now things are more complex. :confused: Experts please help me to decide between Yamaha 863, Marantz 7002/6004 & Denon 2310. Sound is top priority(Movies 75% Music 25%).

you can check out this place in mumbai for marantz AVRs 6004/7002/5003 etc...

marantz

Thanks sidvee.:) Another friend of mine suggested Marantz 7002. Anybody on forum having it? I read on forum @ availability of Yamaha 863. Now things are more complex. :confused: Experts please help me to decide between Yamaha 863, Marantz 7002/6004 & Denon 2310. Sound is top priority(Movies 75% Music 25%).

Thanks Raghav.:) In Mumbai Yamaha 863 is being quoted higher than Denon 2310. Apart from having superior video processing does the Denon excels in Audio also? I remember reading on forum, Venkat getting few setup done based on 663 for his friends. How would Yamaha 863 and Denon 2310 be rated for movies(audio only)? Or will it be worthwhile to go for Marantz SR7002? (again audio only) Experts please advice....

Experts please help me to decide between Yamaha 863, Marantz 7002/6004 & Denon 2310. Sound is top priority(Movies 75% Music 25%).

I have heard both the Denon 2310 and the Yamaha 863. The Yamaha is way better for movies, in my opinion.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat.:) How would you rate Marantz SR7002 with Yamaha 863 as far as SQ is considered?(For Movies). Marantz is 2007 model has no upscaling. But specs(audio) wise it looks great. Please reply.. have to finalise the receiver early....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back