DENON 500AE + Wharfedale 9.5 is it missing something.

Yesterday i went to croma and saw some interconnects.
1. Profigold stereo rca cable (Rs500/2meters)
2. Bandridge stereo interconnect (Rs999/1meter)

logically the Bandridge one may be good as it is priced high but will it make a audible difference.

And is there a diff. between the stereo rca cable and stereo interconnects (both connectors seem to be of same type except the bandridge one is looking good)

Well the Stereo RCA cable is just a 2 mtrs cable without termination (connector pins) and the Stereo Interconnect is a ready-to-use terminated cable.

INTERCONNECT:
Go for the Bandridge profigold Rs.999/- interconnect. It is a very good interconnect compared with other brands under 1K. If your budget permits, you can try the 'Crimson' model of the brand CHORD. It should be around 3K for a 1 metre length and its an excellent cable.

SPEAKER CABLE:
The Bandridge speaker cables are better than other brands in its price bracket. Go for the 14AWG cable if available, in Bandridge. (16AWG cable is the one commonly used). Again, if you have budget then go for the amazing 5 Star rated award winning CHORD Carnival speaker cable. Its Rs.600/- per metre and you have to buy minimum 5 metres (2.5 metres for each channel on a stereo setup) which will cost you 3K.

The first weak link in your setup (like many other fellow forum pals have mentioned) is your source. A used dedicated audio CDP within a budget of 7K will make a considerable difference + along with decent quality interconnects/cables you will find a huge difference in sound quality.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Try changing the source DVDP with a budget CDP like Marantz CD6003 or CA 640Cv2. This should lift a few "veils" from the sound.

Cheers

I do not have a budget to add a CDP now as i already stretched it. I will consider it latter.
BTW can i get any used CDP for 3k-5k?

Back