Denon 6500 vs 8500

rohet.ramesh

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my denon AVR 2311 to Denon 6500. I also reviewed the 8500 and was a bit confused for which to take on. The price point is not the concern but just the point of longevity in terms of technology are they same or 8500 is better for long term investment.

The usage will be for home theatre with 3.2.4 speaker arrangement.

Need guidance...

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my denon AVR 2311 to Denon 6500. I also reviewed the 8500 and was a bit confused for which to take on. The price point is not the concern but just the point of longevity in terms of technology are they same or 8500 is better for long term investment.

Need guidance...
6500 and 8500 are both made in Japan and in terms of technology and features they are the same with one or two minor differences. If budget is not a concern obviously you can go for the 8500 as it is the best Denon avr and the only avr that can power 13 channels. Why 3.2.4? Adding surrounds will be good. For a 5.2.4 or a 3.2.4 set up you can actually consider separates. Could you give more details on your room layout and speakers used and also if it is a dedicated HT room. Denon 8500 has a MRP of 3.4 Lakhs and with discounts it should be available some where around 3 lakhs. So for a budget of 3 lakhs on an avr for a 3.2.4 set up is not at all a wise investment in my opinion. For a 3.2.4 or a 5.2.4 set up you can go for separates which in my opinion will give you the best results

Last edited:
Need guidance...

The biggest difference seems to be that the 8500 can support 9.1.4 while the 6500 can support up to 7.1.4. Pretty much everything else seems to be a wash.

Given that you're running a 3.2.4 configuration, the 6500 ought to work for you without having to cough up the extra for the 8500 which doesn't really add anything.

The price point is not the concern but just the point of longevity in terms of technology are they same or 8500 is better for long term investment.

If cost is no barrier, then yes Denon x 8500 as it is a top model from Denon..

If you will be having 3.2.4 now and expand the speaker layout in future, then yes Denon x 8500..

If it wouldn't be more than 3.2.4 set-up, then a 9.2 AVR should do.. But, i doubt if 4 heights are possible without surr & surr back..

6500 and 8500 are both made in Japan and in terms of technology and features they are the same with one or two minor differences. If budget is not a concern obviously you can go for the 8500 as it is the best Denon avr and the only avr that can power 13 channels. Why 3.2.4? Adding surrounds will be good. For a 5.2.4 or a 3.2.4 set up you can actually consider separates. Could you give more details on your room layout and speakers used and also if it is a dedicated HT room. Denon 8500 has a MRP of 3.4 Lakhs and with discounts it should be available some where around 3 lakhs. So for a budget of 3 lakhs on an avr for a 3.2.4 set up is not at all a wise investment in my opinion. For a 3.2.4 or a 5.2.4 set up you can go for separates which in my opinion will give you the best results
Why not go for separates?

Hi,

Need guidance...
As many told if budget is not a problem.Then Denon X8500 will be good. It's the only AVR that can support 7.2.6 or 9.2.4 . Processing & powering 13 channels . Speakers support upto 15 no. connections to switch between different speaker layout. It's one of the best AVR currently available in Market . It has a better DAC then X6500 .

But as for ur requirement .U typed 3.2.4. I assume to be 5.2.4 ,then a X4500 will do the job for u.U can add a Multi channel power amp for the rest of money .This will be wiser decision IMO.

Man, If budget is not a problem, get a decent processor and power amps. You will not regret for sure. Future upgradable also. Just think about it.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back