Denon AVR 1909 - First Impressions

Hi guys,

While you are on this, can you please let me know much does a Denon2808 a/v cost in India? And is it a gud receiver to invest in?

Am coming to India next month, and here in US its on sale for 600$....which should be approx 28K? And a couple of thousands to the customs in India.

Thank you
Regards
Jag

Jag..the price has gone down to 570 USD including 6 ft HDMI cable on amazon :p...
anyways..as Mani & Sridhar have suggested to buying in US is inexpensive...I have gone to a local store today to audition 2808...believe it or not...it was my first 7.1ch experience...the system just kept me awestruck for 1.5 hours...I will place an order in a week's time...what I would like to ask the Gurus on this forum is that can I use 2808 initially with a pair of 9.5 Diamonds?? I mean can I use it in stereo mode till the time I save few more bucks for full fledged HT? Are there any complexities? will it be an overkill on 9.5 diamonds? I know those were noob's questions :( ..sorry if I've degraded the discussion level of this forum....

Thanks in advance,

S&H
Venky

Jag..the price has gone down to 570 USD including 6 ft HDMI cable on amazon :p... anyways..as Mani & Sridhar have suggested to buying in US is inexpensive...I have gone to a local store today to audition 2808...believe it or not...it was my first 7.1ch experience...the system just kept me awestruck for 1.5 hours...I will place an order in a week's time...

Marcus Aurelius Ceaser, viz Venkus Narelius, I have seen a lot of people including you opt for a older version? Is price the reason?

what I would like to ask the Gurus on this forum is that can I use 2808 initially with a pair of 9.5 Diamonds?? I mean can I use it in stereo mode till the time I save few more bucks for full fledged HT? Are there any complexities? will it be an overkill on 9.5 diamonds? I know those were noob's questions :( ..sorry if I've degraded the discussion level of this forum....

It is a bit of a misnomer to say you are using an AVR in stereo mode. You either say you are using it with some many speakers connected, or you say you are using it in 2.1, 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 modes.

There is absolutely no harm in using the AVR with just two front speakers. I don't understand what you mean by an overkill for the 9.5, but if you think that because you are using just two speakers all the power of the amp will be routed to those speakers, then you are wrong. AVR is rated as nnn watts per channel. What that means is that only so much power will be sent to each channel which in turn is connected to a speaker. For example if your AVR is rated as 100 watts per channel, each channel will get only 100 watts, not the total of 700 watts or whatever is the total wattage.

Cheers

:eek: Late Latif Speaks:

Hi Venkat,

Yes it was the price reason I opted for 2808 at that time. But now I bought onkyo 606 (again an old model:eek:hyeah:) for 290 USD which is like 13K INR. Didn't wanted to miss out the deal. And thank you for the explanation regarding wattage output....well that was really a noob question....sorriieesss :eek:

Venky

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back