denon avr1908 crossover settings??

insane79

hi,
i love my denon 1908 :) sweet stuff, i m confused with the advance crossover settings, audyssey did a good job with the speakers size & measurements but didnt do the crossover properly :( i want to set the crossover sep for each speaker,
these are wat i use for my front speakers-
S 600
center-
S 600
surrs-
S 600
subwoofer-
Subwoofer line

wat ur'll guys suggest?? thanks..

make sure the fronts are set ot "large" and the sub cross over to 60Hz. 80 may end up sounding boomy. What other settings are you intreested in?

hi,
i love my denon 1908 :) sweet stuff, i m confused with the advance crossover settings, audyssey did a good job with the speakers size & measurements but didnt do the crossover properly :( i want to set the crossover sep for each speaker,
these are wat i use for my front speakers-
S 600
center-
S 600
surrs-
S 600
subwoofer-
Subwoofer line

wat ur'll guys suggest?? thanks..

make sure the fronts are set ot "large" and the sub cross over to 60Hz. 80 may end up sounding boomy. What other settings are you intreested in?

ok so if i set the sub to 60hz crossover the sub will only output bass below 60hz??

true. Your fronts should take care of until that point. If you feel its weak, you could do 2 things>

1. Raise the sub level (increase its volume so to speak)
2. Move up the xover to 80 and see how it sounds.

Don't do beyond 80 for floor standers though.

ok so if i set the sub to 60hz crossover the sub will only output bass below 60hz??

true. Your fronts should take care of until that point. If you feel its weak, you could do 2 things>

1. Raise the sub level (increase its volume so to speak)
2. Move up the xover to 80 and see how it sounds.

Don't do beyond 80 for floor standers though.

ok so i put my fronts on large, wat crossover for the fronts? will 60hz do??
remaining surrs & center i put it on 90hz & subwoofer on 60hz, wat u think abt the settings??

ok so i put my fronts on large, wat crossover for the fronts? will 60hz do??
remaining surrs & center i put it on 90hz & subwoofer on 60hz, wat u think abt the settings??

If you set your fronts to large, the AVR is smart enough to cover the freq response range upto your sub settings. There is no need to set cross over in your case (though there are some cases where one might). Also no need to set for center or surrounds.

You can set the level (loudness) if the AVR provides an option. Usually set the surrounds a bit higher as well as the center if you watch a lot of movies. You may have to adjust a few times to get the right level of loudness.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back