Denon DHT-1312xp

lovelysharan

Hi Guys,

Please let me know the price for Denon DHT-1312xp in Bangalore and suggest me whether we can go for Onkyo HTS 3400 or Denon DHT-1312xp.. I am getting Onkyo HTS 3400 for 28K with Philips BDP 2700 player. The new Denon DHT-1312xp will be around 30K without any freebie..

Let me know which one will good for normal use like 60% for HD STB, 20% Movies and rest for music.

1312 is the newer model of 390xp

i would suggest go for onkyo 3400 as denon htib is just the very basic setup from denon.

Denon HTIB 1312XP will be better as that is Denon 1312 AVR with 5.1 speaker package with active sub. Denon also has 1312BA (with BA speakers but I guess still not available in India)

Whereas the Onkyo 3400 is not even the entry level av receiver, Onkyo entry level starts with 309. Also 3400 is having passive sub, so later you can't even upgrade the speakers to some better say paradigm 70 or BA soundware 5.1 set.

I am not sure on the availability on 1312xp, last I checked it was supposed to come soon (that was 2 weeks back in htstore.in bangalore)

Something simillar can be Denon 1312/1311 with Polk Audio 705 5.1 speaker set.
I think this should also be prices similar to for around 32 -35K

Hey friends,

I have Denon DHT-1312xp. It is an awesome home theater in 30000 Rs range. Comparing all other brands.

Hi friends,

Am new to this forum and this is my first post. After going thru several thread about home theatre I have decided to buy ONKYO HTS3400 but due some reason I bought DENON 1312XP today and installed.

Compared to ONKYO3400 there is no ARC and only ONE optical IN available. Played movie Book of Eli thru WD TV Live. The sound quality is excellent. Wanted to know about some songs or movies which I can enjoy the real sarround sound quality.

Love all

I took demo for both 3400 and 1312xp; found 3400 better for punch and midscale sound. But again as Vine quoted, I'm planning to purchase denon 1312 AVR/onkyo 308 + 1 pair of bookshelf (probably whaferdale 9.1) and gradually upgrade it.

I am getting denon 1312 at quite lower price.
Can anyone please comment whether I should go for denon 1312 or onkyo 309/308 AVR?

Thanks,
Sandeep

You can get the Onkyo 3400, with your eyes closed, you won't regret.. And dont turn your heads away coz its a passive sub, its worth the penny or even more.. Get a demo of the 3400 and it won't let you down for sure..

Hi,

Had a demo of 1312xp yesterday. was priced@ 31000 /-

My observation ::
1. The High Freq response was okey..not gr8.
- Played a clip of Fast & Furious chasing persuit...Was expecting the bullet shells to sound more crisp
- Played "Hotel California" (live) from eagles, again the crisp high Freq. were not satisfactory..Guitar notes were good though.

2. Sub-W also has a provision of manual adj from a knob provied in back. In full throttle, there was little vibration.
3.Wanted to look for a provision of treble adjustment through MENU (not found)
4. A few Surround Modes / DSP.

Wanted to look for Onkyo 3400, was not in stock.
Overall, I was not impressed with the performance.
--Slash--

Hi,

Had a demo of 1312xp yesterday. was priced@ 31000 /-

My observation ::
1. The High Freq response was okey..not gr8.
- Played a clip of Fast & Furious chasing persuit...Was expecting the bullet shells to sound more crisp
- Played "Hotel California" (live) from eagles, again the crisp high Freq. were not satisfactory..Guitar notes were good though.

2. Sub-W also has a provision of manual adj from a knob provied in back. In full throttle, there was little vibration.
3.Wanted to look for a provision of treble adjustment through MENU (not found)
4. A few Surround Modes / DSP.

Wanted to look for Onkyo 3400, was not in stock.
Overall, I was not impressed with the performance.
--Slash--

Congrats on your first post.

Continued...My Observation for Onkyo HTS-3400
- User Friendly Menu :: As compared to Denon 1312, HTS-3400 User Inerface / (Menu) is better
- Can adjust Bass & Treble from remote...The Denon guy could not do so..Not sure if its possible with Denon 1312xp
- Played the dragon chase scene from Harry Potter Goblet of Fire..My expectation was warm sound with crisp treble..Therefore I turned the Treble to 12 (max)..Turn on Ex-Bass
I feel sound could have been better..I missed the high frequencies..slightly..However..The Sound was easy on ears.
- Passive Woofer..din make any difference..
- Played a couple of music files, some Jazz stuff..was good in "Stereo Mode"..even "Orchestra Mode" was fine..

The sound used to loose its crisp / high notes in "True HD Mode" while watching Harry Potter..I felt so...Overall a good system.

Denon DHT1312xp has bass/ treble adj in the remote/ its had the GUI for menu.
with active sub and upgradable to 7.1.

Denon DHT 1312xp does not have Audyssey stuff, while 1612 has it...How much difference does it make..can anyone elaborate on this.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back