DENON Owners thread

denon india website shows new models
x510
x1100
x2100

however, it doesn't specify anything about dolby atmos or hdmi 2.0
can anyone tell the difference in these new avrs compared to previous x series
and any idea as to when the new avrs with dolby atmos & hdmi 2.0 are coming out?

@sdurani thanks!

Can someone explain what atmos is and what difference is makes?
also is it worth the extra money?

Can someone explain what atmos is and what difference is makes?
It is a way of mixing movies where sounds are given x,y,z coordinates in 3D space rather than being limited to 5 or 7 channels. Upon playback, the Atmos rendering engine places those sounds (called objects) where they were intended to be heard using whatever speaker (or combination of speakers) is at that location. Since it is not limited to channels, the mix can be scaled to as many or as few speakers as you want.

More info here: Onkyo Meets Dolby Atmos

Denon Atmos brochure here: http://assets.denoneu.com/DocumentMaster/MASTER/Denon_Dolby-Atmos_Explanation_001.pdf

thanks for the explanation @sdurani

it sounds as interesting as 3d picture but not limited to just picture anymore but also sound

to those 3d matter atmos would matter too, for others it'll just be fancy. dsnt sound like it's for the masses but enthusiasts

Keep us posted. Really want to hear something about it from you. There is something musical about Denon which I like. What speakers will you pair up with it?
Am I entitled for the club since I have ordered DENON AVR X1000, but still yet to be delivered .. :)

Hello! I hope I can post this question here.
own a DENON avr 1909 and it keeps going into standby mode. Initially it used to go into standby mode once in few days but now it goes onto standby mode in a minute and the button keeps flashing red. I gave it to the Authorised service center USK electronics, Hyderabad thrice but he could neither understand the problem nor solve it. Can any one help/guide me please.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys, I own a denon x1000. Does this avr can process hdmi input video signal to analog video output?
Connected my laptop through hdmi to avr input. As my tv doesn't have hdmi, I connected analog video output of avr to tv input. Selected the source but no video..only audio is playing through speakers connected on avr

Hi Forum members ! I own a Denon AVR 1800 and its Made in Japan Unit. Obviously build quality is of Japanese Standard. I love the sound quality also and I never had any issue with this Receiver...except that I lost the remote in shifting. So I request Forum Memebrs if any one could do a favour to get it.

I also own a Denon RCD 100. Its a C.D. stereo receiver with RDS Tuner. I never found any other stereo amp in my till date collection which could compete with this in terms of sound quality. FM reception and sound quality is superb. Unfortunatly CD is not readable sometimes..may be due to laser has gone weak. But no problem as I use it primarily for Amplification and FM purpose. I am totally satisfied with the performance of this unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm facing an issue with my denon x1000, the problem is that it restarts on its own, sometimes it does after 1 hr sometimes after 20 mins, am i facing a problem with my voltage supply, i have connected it to a gm surge protector, if anybody knows what the issue is please reply, also my led is green blinks 3 times when i start the unit and it does the same on restart also

i'm facing an issue with my denon x1000, the problem is that it restarts on its own, sometimes it does after 1 hr sometimes after 20 mins, am i facing a problem with my voltage supply, i have connected it to a gm surge protector, if anybody knows what the issue is please reply, also my led is green blinks 3 times when i start the unit and it does the same on restart also

Check the voltage. The avr may switch off if the voltage is not in the acceptable limits.

thanks
even i think its an issue with the voltage, would you recomend using a ups for the avr, its rated at 390 watts and also have an led tv which i guess is abt 75 watts so was thinking of buying a 500 watts ups

thanks
even i think its an issue with the voltage, would you recomend using a ups for the avr, its rated at 390 watts and also have an led tv which i guess is abt 75 watts so was thinking of buying a 500 watts ups

UPS is not recommended if it is not sinewave. You will need a minimum of 1KVA.

@baijuxaviur,

Sorry for the offtopic matter - It is regarding the audessey set up in the X-2000. It was purchased some 4 months ago. I had altered the speaker level to +1 for Front Left, +1 for Front Right, +2 for Center, + 3 for both surrounds, 0 for subwoofer (unaltered) settings in the manual set up. The speakers are Wharfedale towers 10.6. Yesterday I tried to Audessey set-up, and it calibrated as -4 for F/Left, -3 for F/Right, -3 for Center, -6 for surrounds and -9.5 for the subwoofer. The measurements from speakers to listening positions were more or less the same which I had set. As a result I find the sound level output on a lower side. Should I restore my previous settings or get used to the new levels.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back