DENON Owners thread

I do have the AVR Denon X-2000. Can any of our members clarify a thing about the audio format. Suppose I play a Blu-ray/DVD movie which has multiple audio formats such as DTS, DTS-MA, Dolby Digital, Dolby True-HD, Stereo.The Denon supports all the above formats. Which format would the AVR select by default for play? Will it select the best format or it chooses randomly. Because sometimes I found despite the movie was encoded in Dolby digital, still the AVR preferred to select the 'Stereo' mode.

I do have the AVR Denon X-2000. Can any of our members clarify a thing about the audio format. Suppose I play a Blu-ray/DVD movie which has multiple audio formats such as DTS, DTS-MA, Dolby Digital, Dolby True-HD, Stereo.The Denon supports all the above formats. Which format would the AVR select by default for play? Will it select the best format or it chooses randomly. Because sometimes I found despite the movie was encoded in Dolby digital, still the AVR preferred to select the 'Stereo' mode.

It depends on various parameters such as the source, connectivity between source and AVR, speaker setup in the AVR and default sound format set in the player. What is your source and how have you connected it to the AVR?

Hi All Denon Owners,

I came across this thread today and read all 11 pages. Owning a Denon AVR-2311 for the last four years would make me eligible to post here, I believe.

My Denon meets all my home audio needs. But just recently when I got a pure stereo pre-power setup, started feeling that preouts on the AVR would have been a great option to have. For now, pure stereo and AVR are separate.

I like the remote of 2311 too as it controls my Denon DVD player and basic functions of the Sony LCD too.

Thanks,
Viju

Denon 2312CI HDMI board

My monitor-out stopped working. The service center (Pro FX Nehru Place Delhi) informed me today that the HDMI board has gone bad. They don't have it and if I want they will order it, which will cost me around 28K!. I bought the AVR in US for about 32K INR.

Does anyone know if the HDMI board will cost me cheaper in US. I can ask my friends to carry it over. Also - I was wondering if there is a place/site which sells old spares/components etc.

The audio is working fine. So, if nothing works out, I am planning to feed video directly into PJ using a HDMI switch for TS/Player etc. and route audio via optical into AVR.

Last edited:
Re: Denon 2312CI HDMI board

The audio is working fine. So, if nothing works out, I am planning to feed video directly into PJ using a HDMI switch for TS/Player etc. and route audio via optical into AVR.

This is the safe option. Changing the hdmi board may work for a few months, but it may fail again. I learned it the hard way. Better by a new avr rather than investing in hdmi board replacement.

I purchased Denon AVR 2307 from Dubai and used it for appx 5 years.
One bad day it got damaged - probably due to high volume taken by my son.
There was no support from the Denon service centre from Mumbai .
I suppose do not have any other option but to go in for the new one.

These are the spare options for boards, panels that I could think of:

1) Alibaba - The problem is searching as they have got thousands of parts and you have to search through them. They do ship as I received a digicomb board for a TV. Usual delivery time is about 2 months.

2) Parts Jimmy - They seem to have lots of TV/PJ spares. Have not checked their AVR spares though.

Vinod

calling DENON x1000 users ........ do you see ZONE two option on your AVR remote and at the back????? if yes then please also tell from where did you purchase the AVR .....

And how many HDMI inputs do you see at the back ????

Last edited:
Zone 2 is available only in USA model, I had same question when I got my X1000 in india :) and found this missing

Bought a Denon x500, using it with Polk TSi speakers, it sounds a little muddy to me, my old Sony AVR STR-DE598 was way better than this. Anyone else facing the same issues with their recent Denon purchases.

Seems they are over-rating the power on their receivers now.

Muddy would be because of Polk, or the quality of source material. All X series avr are same and they are wonderful in sound quality.

I found Polk to be muddy, when I compared to wharfedale, tannoy etc. Polk sounds big, good for movies, falls short for music, at least for my ears

By the way don't go by 160W rating on carton box, if u look at detailed specs x500 is 75w at 8 ohms, THD of 0.08%

Last edited by a moderator:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back