Denon TU-280

sudhirbhosale

Hi
I bought Denon TU-280 tuner. I noticed that it is giving bit less bass (also same in mentioned in some review). It may be by design. FM reception is also weak in my area. Would like to know, if there is any way to overcome this. i.e. by doing something with input impedance.

Same time I amtrying to get NAD 4020. Since all NAD product bass is always great, I assume that same would get from tuner :) not sure but just guess ...

So replacing TU-280 with NAD - would be a right decision? Can I get some model names which I can try hunting.

Thanks

In tuner category I always enjoyed Technics products, and so do many. It's not about just 'colored' bass, it should be 'natural' sounding IMHO. If the pre-amplified Line-out is of high quality, you get most out of your amplifier in terms of bass/treble/frequency response etc. The audio quality mostly depends on output FM detector and MPX decoder chips, Techinics used Panasonic HiFi grade chips there -which is the reason for their unmatched audio quality. A comparison showed even Sony tuners won't come to that quality level. And I dunno anything about Denon/NAD categories because I never tried those, so can't make a valid comment :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back