Denon vs Marantz vs Yamaha

Deloy88

Hello everyone.

Im looking forward to buying a new receiver, Im not much of an expert when it comes to receivers so I like to get some opinions on which direction I should go.

My current setup is
Yamaha RX-V667
Klipsch
4 B20
1 C10
2 S10
1 SW350

As for the AV Receivers that I am looking at, there are
Denon AVR-1913
Marantz NR1603

Please share your thoughts, and if you think there are better options than the ones I have that are in the range of $500 and $700 please share those as well.

I'd say you have the best receiver with you already, you just need to add a 5 channel power amp and you are set for long years to come.

What is the reason for new AVR?If power is the issue then poweramp can be the solution as kittu said.The AVR you shortlisted are not powerful though.

Thank you so much for your input!
Im just considering it, Im not saying that Im ready to change my receiver.
It might be a dumb reason, but Im just interested in getting a receiver with networking capabilities and while Im at it, maybe upgrade my sound quality/power. But like I said, Im really happy with this piece of equipment.
About the 5 channel power amp, will it still serve its purpose even when my speaker setup is 7.1?

You can use 5ch for speakers other than surround rears,AVR can drive surround rear which has hardly any role in movies.

Emotiva
ADcom
Rotel

All have decent 5 channel amps. Since you are in mexico , it should be easy for you to source from USA reselling sites like audiogon.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back