Denon x1500h Auddessy to LR Bypass

Silentpro

hello ,

i have set my AVR from Reference to LR Bypass and seem much more improvement in bass and overall sound .. why does many prefer Reference in Auddessy eq mode ??

hello ,

i have set my AVR from Reference to LR Bypass and seem much more improvement in bass and overall sound .. why does many prefer Reference in Auddessy eq mode ??
It differs person to person and rooms. Many even disable audyssey and like what they hear.

hello ,

L/R bypass removes the Audyssey frequency corrections from the front L/R speakers.

If you have good LR speakers, that should likely be the preferred choice as it keeps Audyssey engaged for
- bass correction on the sub (where it yields the maximum benefits)
- Tonal and time domain corrections on the other (presumably smaller) speakers - where it yields good benefits

But at the same time, removing the filters altogether for L/R thus retaining the original tonality of the speakers you brought.

As a rule of thumb, if you have small/cube type speakers for the front, keep reference
If you have high grade fronts, engage L/R bypass

It differs person to person and rooms. Many even disable audyssey and like what they hear.
so can i continue with LR Bypass since i started seeing my taste in this and ignore Refrence/flat in EQ ?
also seen some posts says LR Bypass doesnt execute 5.1 Movie Experience well with surrounds/rears as they signal to LR front a lot . is it so ??

L/R bypass removes the Audyssey frequency corrections from the front L/R speakers.

If you have good LR speakers, that should likely be the preferred choice as it keeps Audyssey engaged for
- bass correction on the sub (where it yields the maximum benefits)
- Tonal and time domain corrections on the other (presumably smaller) speakers - where it yields good benefits

But at the same time, removing the filters altogether for L/R thus retaining the original tonality of the speakers you brought.

As a rule of thumb, if you have small/cube type speakers for the front, keep reference
If you have high grade fronts, engage L/R bypass
i have Jamo S506 for Front LR .. Towers..

Should i continue with LR BYPASS ?

Also Have Velodyne Sub 12inch . wht crossover should i change to ?

so can i continue with LR Bypass since i started seeing my taste in this and ignore Refrence/flat in EQ ?
also seen some posts says LR Bypass doesnt execute 5.1 Movie Experience well with surrounds/rears as they signal to LR front a lot . is it so ??
No such issue - the only thing it will change for the L/R is the tonal corrections (no impact to surround) and time domain corrections (minimal impact on surround )
The gain levels and other settings you choose will remain unaltered

Yes if that’s what sounds the best to you. No those posts are wrong since only the audyssey room corrections is by-passed for the LR speakers.

Last edited:
hello ,

I have been using settings on FLAT for the last 5 years and it is honestly good IMHO when compared to Reference or LR Bypass

@superczar i get Boomy Bass from Sub ! Any changes do u recommend ? i have it set as LFE - 120hz
For your speakers, I'd set the crossover to 80 (or maybe 60), set LFE settings LFE (not LFE+ Main) , change LR speaker setting to small (counter-intuitive but very important) - and then rerun audyssey

For your speakers, I'd set the crossover to 80 (or maybe 60), set LFE settings LFE (not LFE+ Main) , change LR speaker setting to small (counter-intuitive but very important) - and then rerun audyssey
I have set LFE+MAIN . Since this bass has improved. But again I'm in doubt .. why do people don't use LFE+main? Any reason...

If you like it you can continue to use it. Don’t bother much with what people use. Hope you understand how LFE+main works
+1
Read up about the configuration on the audyssey site to understand what they do.

But eventually, use whatever you prefer

i get Boomy Bass from Sub ! Any changes do u recommend ? i have it set as LFE - 120hz
Low Pass Filter (LPE) for Low Frequency Effects (LFE) should not be confused with the crossovers that is set for the channels. This setting is only for the .1 subwoofer frequencies in movies and usually this should not be changed from the default 120 Hz. While the .1 LFE Channel has effects below 120 Hz, , most LFE will be 80 Hz or below so keeping the LPF for LFE at 80 Hz too will work but if in case the movie has effects above 80 Hz, then the sub will not produce it.

LPF for LFE setting has no effect on music playback.

Last edited:
Get a FREE stylus with every Audio Technica Turntable purchase
Back