Denon X1600H AVR pricing and alternatives

BlackIce2107

What is the MRP of this AVR actually? It's out of stock everywhere and people have been quoting exorbitant prices for this. So far the lowest quote I've received is 64k and should I go for it? Where can I get this in locally in Bangalore if anyone knows at a good price.

Also are there any alternatives to this AVR I'm looking for an entry level 7.1 with Atmos support. Please help me out with this, thanks.

It was around 50-55K when I was checking last a few months back, but I believe denon stocks have run out; and hence the prices. It is around 48K in the US or $650/-.

For your requirement this is a good choice, but as availability is an issue, maybe look at other brands?

What is the MRP of this AVR actually? It's out of stock everywhere and people have been quoting exorbitant prices for this. So far the lowest quote I've received is 64k and should I go for it? Where can I get this in locally in Bangalore if anyone knows at a good price.

Also are there any alternatives to this AVR I'm looking for an entry level 7.1 with Atmos support. Please help me out with this, thanks.
following this thread with interest

Last year X1600H was retailing around 48K in Bangalore. Due of supply shortage, dealers started inflating the price. You can go for Yamaha RX-V485 (No Atmos though) and offers excellent VFM.

Visit www.hifimart.com and speak to the Owner Anil who can work out a good deal. You can also check with other dealers.

Is the Pioneer VSX-834 or 934 a decent option as well for movies and gaming? How bad is Pioneer usually compared to Denon? Wondering if Denon or even Yamaha is worth the extra right now and use that extra 15 - 20k in better speakers.

How bad is Pioneer usually compared to Denon?
Pioneers are not bad. I know a few people love like their pioneers. The models you mentioned are quite popular. Both of them - almost everywhere I have seen, they have got really good reviews. I recently suggested the 834 to my cousin too. In terms of features, maybe compare the spec sheets too with a denon or marantz to see what you are missing if anything at all.

I'm using a Pioneer LX 303, a friend is using the 933, both satisfied. Do remember Pioneer gives 2 years warranty which others give 1.

That said, there are a few quirks in terms of setup and config. E.g. Single crossover setting for all speakers. Personally, that's my biggest grip, if you intend to have all small speakers, this is not much of a issue.

Is the Pioneer VSX-834 or 934 a decent option as well for movies and gaming? How bad is Pioneer usually compared to Denon? Wondering if Denon or even Yamaha is worth the extra right now and use that extra 15 - 20k in better speakers.
It's good as long as it works. After sales and part availability sucks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back