Device for crossover

sgmkumar1972

Hi ,

I am using Stereo setup , I am thinking of speaker to keep 60Hz to 70Hz and rest will handle by subwoofer , ( current speaker will go upto 42 hz low )

Is there any device to do like in AVR , I don't know this idea is good or bad .

Kindly give your comments on this .

Regards
Ganesh .S

Hi ,

I am using Stereo setup , I am thinking of speaker to keep 60Hz to 70Hz and rest will handle by subwoofer , ( current speaker will go upto 42 hz low )

Regards
Ganesh .S
You could check out Minidsp which is purpose built for this usage.

MaSh

Hi ,

Regards
Ganesh .S
If your receiver supports 2.1 one configuration, you can easily do this by adding an active subwoofer to the chain and setting the xo and other parameters on the receiver. Take the sub out of the receiver to the subwoofer.
Otherwise, split the audio output from the receiver to the active subwoofer and set the crossover on the sub. In this case, your main speakers will play full range, but you can according set the xo on the sub to augment the bass.

If your receiver supports 2.1 one configuration, you can easily do this by adding an active subwoofer to the chain and setting the xo and other parameters on the receiver. Take the sub out of the receiver to the subwoofer.
Otherwise, split the audio output from the receiver to the active subwoofer and set the crossover on the sub. In this case, your main speakers will play full range, but you can according set the xo on the sub to augment the bass.
Thank for your reply , My stereo amp does not have 2.1 setup and subwoofer speaker level Input and output not available , so not able to control crossover from Sub for speaker .

Thank for your reply , My stereo amp does not have 2.1 setup and subwoofer speaker level Input and output not available , so not able to control crossover from Sub for speaker .
It can be wiim pro analog out to minidsp (set crossover) and then minidsp to subwoofer (active) + amp (speakers).

sorry...when you mentioned it is a receiver, I thought it is a HT amp. What is your full set up?

ok...
My chain is
Wiim pro> Topping E50> Moon audio i-5 > onyx reference speaker + Boston subwoofer
I see that your Moon Audio i5 amp has a preout which i presume can be controlled by the volume pot of the amplifier.
If your Boston subwoofer has onboard crossover, run a RCA cable from the preout to the subwoofer and set the crossover there. You are done with it. Of course an outboard DSP will give better control.
But you can start this way by just spending money on a pair of RCA cable to connect the amp preout to the sub

ok...

I see that your Moon Audio i5 amp has a preout which i presume can be controlled by the volume pot of the amplifier.
If your Boston subwoofer has onboard crossover, run a RCA cable from the preout to the subwoofer and set the crossover there. You are done with it. Of course an outboard DSP will give better control.
But you can start this way by just spending money on a pair of RCA cable to connect the amp preout to the sub
Thank for your reply 🙏

Hi ,

I think that you are using MiniDSP , can you PM seperatetly about your experience.

Thank you
It’s great, in fact I don’t know how I managed without it for so long. If you get bored of your speakers you can change the sound signature as well 😀

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back