Did VGP(Indira Nagar) give me a used Samsung LA40C530?

Go to the showroom in rush hours and shout loudly at them, that works the best..
Even when going out of the shop, do this 2-3 times if needed..

Amarbir[Lynx-India];169120 said:
Mannu ,
we Need To Meet Sometimes :D

:D We have already met Sir, and you are one hell of a talker, You just keep on going ON and ON until the other party cries for help, I always do purchases from your shop only, latest i bought a 500 GB external HDD from your shop, i also got a PC assembled from you + bought some audio gear as well, I have mostly visited your shop at around 10, never to find you there, probably that's why we couldn't get interacted very well :clapping:

From a customer's perspective, before i landed at your shop everywhere i asked at computer shops in and around Chandigarh (back when i was getting my PC assembled), they all had something to share about you since i was quoting your prices mentioned at your website for reference and they were not good things, so I had to see it for myself, and then i realized why they were saying all that stuff, they are jealous in a way i guess, I have been purchasing from you ever since, I guess them feeling jealous of you in a way turned out to be a good thing. :clapping:

Last edited:
:D We have already met Sir, and you are one hell of a talker, You just keep on going ON and ON until the other party cries for help, I always do purchases from your shop only, latest i bought a 500 GB external HDD from your shop, i also got a PC assembled from you + bought some audio gear as well, I have mostly visited your shop at around 10, never to find you there, probably that's why we couldn't get interacted very well :clapping:

From a customer's perspective, before i landed at your shop everywhere i asked at computer shops in and around Chandigarh (back when i was getting my PC assembled), they all had something to share about you since i was quoting your prices mentioned at your website for reference and they were not good things, so I had to see it for myself, and then i realized why they were saying all that stuff, they are jealous in a way i guess, I have been purchasing from you ever since, I guess them feeling jealous of you in a way turned out to be a good thing. :clapping:

Manu ,
i talk much less now ,I get irritated if a customer is not attended properly as i wanna make sure all do get good rates and good service ,if you post you pic here i will be able to recall you

PS : yes they all hate me lol "Jealous Fellas "

Status update:

All's well that ends well. :)
Thank you for all the suggestions and support I got on this forum. Glad to be a part of this group out here.:clapping:

VGP delivered a SPANKING NEW piece yesterday.
Packed month : August 2010
All scratch proof laminations are in place, Setup wizards appeared when I switched on the TV for the first time.

If the shop had to agree to a replacement within just one week, then there was something wrong with the other piece. I was careful with the documentation this time.. Made the delivery guy sign on the receipt that I have given back the old TV and necessary accessories.

The guy who bought the replacement and took back the old TV unknowingly gave me an idea of what will happen to the old TV - He wanted to take back the packed batteries of the remote. When asked why, he said "saar, so that it can be given to the next customer" ... I was stunned, wow this was ridiculous.. !! This looks like a normal affair for this shop.

This story ended up smoothly for me, but I dont want anybody else to be cheated like I was. Was wondering if there is anything that can be done with the serial number of the old TV (like flagging it off as a used piece)?

Having battled with companies like Samsung & IFB in the past after having bought their products from multi-product smaller showrooms, I've now decided to buy products from Chroma. In the couple of times I've bought white goods from them, I've always received brand new, factory packed items from them.

To list the issues in short, in 2003 I bought a 29" CTV from Samsung. The TV seemed to have a problem wherein at high contrast, I used to get horizontal lines across the screen. After multiple visits from service people (they even provided a replacement which had the same problem, which leads me to belive the problem was in the design), Samsung took back the set and refunded me the entire amount of Rs 29000 ONE year after I bought the set. I was dis-satisfied with the product, but extremely satisfied with the resolution if the issue.
Second time, last year I purchased an IFB washing machine (Arcee electronics in Vashi, Navi Mumbai). The showroom delivered a used piece (water inside the rubber folds of the door), and refused to take it back. And the IFB customer service was of no use. I tracked down the VP sales of IFB through Linkedin, and sent him a message regarding the entire issue. My machine was replaced in 1 week. This time the delivery came directly from IFB.

Arcee also tried to peddle a display microwave piece to me. Now a microwave cannot be used in the showroom, but the underlying issue is how they treat their customers. Its been 18 months, I've not set foot inside the Arcee showroom since. And I've discouraged others to buy from there as well.

You need to stand up and fight, and only then you'll get your rights. When you are paying 50K for a brand new TV, you better get a brand new TV. I wish laws here were more customer friendly, and companies used some tamper-proof packing tape. Anybody has any idea on how to get this done (PIL or something ??)

Congrats for sorting that out!

And thanks for this thread altogether. Definitely VGP is out of my list for any future purchases.

Having battled with companies like Samsung & IFB in the past after having bought their products from multi-product smaller showrooms, I've now decided to buy products from Chroma. In the couple of times I've bought white goods from them, I've always received brand new, factory packed items from them.

To list the issues in short, in 2003 I bought a 29" CTV from Samsung. The TV seemed to have a problem wherein at high contrast, I used to get horizontal lines across the screen. After multiple visits from service people (they even provided a replacement which had the same problem, which leads me to belive the problem was in the design), Samsung took back the set and refunded me the entire amount of Rs 29000 ONE year after I bought the set. I was dis-satisfied with the product, but extremely satisfied with the resolution if the issue.
Second time, last year I purchased an IFB washing machine (Arcee electronics in Vashi, Navi Mumbai). The showroom delivered a used piece (water inside the rubber folds of the door), and refused to take it back. And the IFB customer service was of no use. I tracked down the VP sales of IFB through Linkedin, and sent him a message regarding the entire issue. My machine was replaced in 1 week. This time the delivery came directly from IFB.

Arcee also tried to peddle a display microwave piece to me. Now a microwave cannot be used in the showroom, but the underlying issue is how they treat their customers. Its been 18 months, I've not set foot inside the Arcee showroom since. And I've discouraged others to buy from there as well.

You need to stand up and fight, and only then you'll get your rights. When you are paying 50K for a brand new TV, you better get a brand new TV. I wish laws here were more customer friendly, and companies used some tamper-proof packing tape. Anybody has any idea on how to get this done (PIL or something ??)

BTW Croma prices are always high.Also for It products like Hard Drives they are TOO HIGH.

My experience with Croma vashi is not great in case of LCD.They tried to sell me a display piece of Hitachi,I have to ask in detail to confirm it is a display piece.Also asked why there is not another hitachi lcd and they stopping the brand . The sales guy and his boss told me that they are continuing with the brand .. they were LYING as it was last Hitachi I saw in croma!
Also a dvd I bought from bargain bin was scratched ,although it was sealed.BTW croma gave me credit note for it..

"Kya sir..., itna to chalta hai" - The most obnoxious and disgusting statement of all times (only in India).

Okay the Dealer is taking you for a ride, that is 100% display piece, the piece should be packed in pristine condition and there is no explanation of it being opened for check up, see my thread on LG 50pk550r and I also got the same thing.

now the first thing you do is don't call the dealer, you call samsung and tell them what has happened and give them a deadline of Flat 24 hours (since you already are 2 weeks late) and stating that after that you will serve legal notice to the company as well as the dealer if nothing is done from your side, also tell them that you have the papers ready and have talked with your lawyer. Also send a complaint via email as well and keep a proof of all the conversation that is happening between you, the company and dealer.

Now secondly check with your piece for scratches and other flaws and take pictures of it.
NOW THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, get into the service menu and see for the usage hours, once you have reached it on your screen, take pics of it with the invoice + that days newspaper showing the date in front of it (ALL THREE SHOULD BE VISIBLE), WHY NEWSPAPER? Newspaper because that shows the date and will be an authentic proof and will be admissible in court, This might be a very useful piece of evidence if the thing was to go too far. Plus if you send the pic to samsung via email they will know with whom they are dealing and that will get them rolling, Plus it will be another authentic proof of conversation between you and the company. Remember recorded phone calls and other pics are not admissible in court and do not hold water.SO GET THIS DONE IMMEDIATELY.

Also if you don't know about the procedure to go to consumer court, then you can reach out for help from them Preparing and Filing Consumer Complaint in Consumer Complaints Forum in India they will serve the legal notice on your behalf for a very nominal fee and also help you in filing a case in consumer court. The dealer will not take you seriously till you have served a notice, but once that is served he will know how serious you are and will scare the sh1t out of him. Most of the cases get resolved at this stage.

Also if you can, try to get in touch with a local newspaper and try to get your side of the story published, they are pretty much looking for stories themselves, if you can take the reporter with you to take some pictures of the shop and have him interview a few people there, that will scare the sh1t out of that prick.

Now the most important thing DO NOT SIT BACK and let him get away with this, these dealers get display pieces from company at a very nominal price and the display is meant for marketing of product, but these greedy MF's sell it to unsuspecting customers and make huge profits on these probably in the range of 25K for the price you have mentioned, so if he is saying that he can't do anything about it, you have to show him what you can do about it and you don't take sh1t from anyone, you have to be proactive, but now that you have been able to obtain knowledge, USE IT and give these money monger MF's a Run for their lives.

I hope it helps !! and i am sorry you have to go through this, No one should go through it, it's one of the worst feeling getting cheated like that of your hard earned money and i have had my share of experiences so i know from personal experience how it feels like, but the bottom line is you have to take what is rightfully yours, cos no one will give it to you otherwise, we all can only help you, you have to take the action, No need to be MR. Goody Goody, give them a piece of your mind from the first conversation you have. Now get rolling and give these A**H****S a run for their frigging pathetic lives.

Too good mate..I am also rocking in the same boat right now... i feel you can help me out here... please check the link to see if i have been delivered a used piece.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/14029-display-piece-delivered-lg-ld550.html#post193895

Please revert mate as i have already spoken to the dealer to take it back..initially he was trying to convince me but now he is saying he will replace it..But since you have mentioned that you have already bought a LG hence want to know how to decipher a new use piece from a used/display piece...

Rgds,
Ranjit

i am new to this forum. i am from Chennai.

i am also sailing same boat past 3 days...

last Sunday i evening i booked onida neo 32 inch led tv at saravana selvarathna store for 29.2k . usually i will buy things in this store only. mobile, fridge, grinder and so on. so in this confidence i bought LCD tv. i browsed and and tested 10 video formats in lg and Samsung showroom. i like lg 430 and Samsung 550. i asked tv sales guy both model. he said that 550 not in production and not available. 430 is old model. he himself suggested onida Neo and said it is led tv. there itself i browsed about that tv since it is closing time in the hurry i booked that TV and came home. he promised that he will deliver Monday morning 9.

In Sunday night i browsed about tv details and found Neo is edge led so somewhat i felt i cheated and not satisfied about booking. one day gone product not delivered.

so i went Tuesday morning at 10.30 and asked i want to cancel my booking since they gave advance booking slip. they said OK we don't have any other model which you asked we have only these high end model or low end model.

so they showed 630 is good model which picture will be look like real also it will support all format and have Wi-Fi capable. price 33.6k with some gift. i will show you demo with new piece ,so He opened that box which Is already opened many times . sale person know how to open that box and show to customer its like fresh piece.

till now i never feel that they are opened big net for me to catch.

i said its time 12 i have to go office so let me take this free stuffs you delivery the piece to my home because i am going by bike. i paid 180rs for delivery.

i came to my home and gave the paid bill to my mom and went office. they delivered the tv.

with lot of dream i came to home and have dinner. and opened the box. i felt its look like old piece with lot of dirt and dust. my sister noticed there is cut in the screen for 2cm . now i understood why they give free stuff and said we don't have any other model. totally unhappy i called that great sales person at night 11. he attend the phone and said i showed you its new piece sir. no probs sir i will file the complaint with Samsung tomorrow morning and delivery the new piece. till then you use the tv. i said i don't want to use. you just change the piece and give me new one.

morning i informed him, he complained and gave complain id. i just called Samsung toll free number and confirmed whether he gave complaint. Samsung support said they will be attended this issue within 48hrs . then i saw the manufacturing date it is June 2010. so i called salesperson. he said it is not food item sir. So don't worry. i said i saw tv back side there is a mark which looks like hanged in the wall long time. he said no sir we deliver new piece only.

i just waited for Samsung support. no reply from them 24hrs. Wednesday gone. Thursday morning i called support and asked when they will come.

they said support guy will attend today. he came at 3 and checked simply said ask your dealer.

i called my brilliant sales person. he never attended my phone. i keep on tried finally he attended at 11p.m.

i said what happened with Samsung support. he said OK i will ask my dealer to delivery new piece. i will inform you tomorrow noon. i said i will bring the tv. he said no need he will do.

am just waiting.... hoping for best.

now its mid night am typing this message using my mobile phone

I called sales person at 12'o clock today. He said he will arrange new piece through his dealer without informing to store manager. Because, his salary will be taken if he gave damaged piece to customer.

I don't know how he have that much power to arrange new piece.

I don't have believe over him now.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back