Difference between Audio and AV buttons in YHT 299

ramheree

Hi guys,
I have connected my mobile with 3.5 mm to RCA connectors to YHT299 and when i select Audio 1 it is playing. I want to understand what is the difference between Audio 1/2 with AV 1,2,3,4 in Yht 299. What is the difference and what difference device we can connect

Hi,

Have you gone through your receiver manual? I would suggest please go through the manual and then if you have any doubts, ask her posting a picture of the manual page highlighting the paragraph which wasn't clear.

MaSh

Hi guys,
I have connected my mobile with 3.5 mm to RCA connectors to YHT299 and when i select Audio 1 it is playing. I want to understand what is the difference between Audio 1/2 with AV 1,2,3,4 in Yht 299. What is the difference and what difference device we can connect
Audio in has only audio input. AV inputs have provisions for both audio and video in, eg vcd player. For music you can connect either. In AV input, if you connect only audio then you will get blank screen, that's all.

Hi guys,

yamaha-yht-299-home-theater-receiver-and-speaker-package-110---220-240-volts-back.jpg

From the above image (as example)..

Audio 1/2 - refer to Analogue audio input signal from any compatible device.. In your case mobile.. 3.5mm to dual RCA..

AV 1,2,3,4 - Refer to Both Audio & video input signals..

AV1 - refers to component input (video) & Digital audio input (optical)..
AV2 - refers to component inputs (video) & Digital audio input (Co-axial)..
AV3 - refers to composite inputs & Digital audio input (Co-axial)..
AV4 - refers to composite inputs & Digital audio input (optical)..

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back