Digimoda amplifiers.

Hi all,

the more i read about this, the more it seems that this is the real mccoy.

i have mentioned this in another thread, but that thread is about to be buried under a revolution in the making.

but please, what do you all think?

click on the following link -

KSC Digmoda DDC520 Mono Two-Channel Plate Amplifier with Integral D-Pro DSP from Madisound

Even Bryston offers such a product. The idea I guess is to mount it on the speaker itself to make it an active speaker.

A DIY idea for suri and the likes.

How about also mating a r/f transmitters to the left & right channels of the
DAC/CDP to transmit the music & r/f receivers to the speaker mounted amplifiers operating on 2.4 (unlicenced) Ghz.:yahoo:

How about also mating a r/f transmitters to the left & right channels of the DAC/CDP to transmit the music & r/f receivers to the speaker mounted amplifiers operating on 2.4 (unlicenced) Ghz.:yahoo:

hi captrajesh,

that is exactly the idea that venkatcr was talking about

most of the spousal complaints center around the mess that the thick wires make!

and digital data can be transmitted and received (wirelessly) with absolute fidelity, so this should be how hi-fi speakers will be in the near future!

regds, suri

Hi,

hi captrajesh,

that is exactly the idea that venkatcr was talking about

most of the spousal complaints center around the mess that the thick wires make!

and digital data can be transmitted and received (wirelessly) with absolute fidelity, so this should be how hi-fi speakers will be in the near future!

regds, suri

Suri the said Module is really good,but if I were you I'd think a bit and go for unless you are planning to get in the same way the goldline and Keiga :D !!

Its very very good no doubt,but I couldn't see the Amp specs there (meaning whether its Class A/B or D) it will in all probability be a CLass D,also the inclusion of those DSP's and such makes it bit tricky to just use it as plug N play !!

I've in the past worked with active crossovers and the likes,although its very good but until and unless the circuit is not optimised for the usage with a particular set of speakers (or drivers to partnered) it will not come close Amp Passive speakers !

The best example of such an active setup is Linkwitz Orion !! perfectly matched Active units to power the speakers !

Finally About the Wireless, Don't bet on it !! I have a Wireless unit with said 2.4Ghz transmission mode and can tell you its not upto the mark !! atleast not serious music wise ! No doubt you get the convenience but there are other things to worry bout ! for one how are you supposed to send he current via wireless ?

I think you'll agree with me that most of stereo amps are rated pretty high on current (upto 40Amps ) and you need such high current amps to get a good sound thats already established ! So in this digital transmission you only take voltage and convert it and send !! so the receiver will have its own troubles with current !

Ok you may say you'll only take the line level and send it and receive it then amplify it, even then the signal has to go through no of back & from conversion which will no doubt have some discrepancies !!

SO atleast for less complicated the better !! Keep it simple is my motto and will always stick to (atleast untill Am not fully convinced to switch) !!

Another thing is now Am looking at a different type of Xover (passive offcourse) which is said to reduce all the usual issues associated with the regular Xover !

Its called Series X-over by Acoustic Reality of Denmark which has introduced this revolutionary of a design !! this design is said to not only take of usual issues but also issues like BSC and what not !!

Although if one chooses properly a driver he needn't use BSC and all the jazz (some here may not agree but I wouldn't bother too much) !! I have speakers with bare minimum Xover which absolutely needed and sounds good (not only to me but others who have listened to it agree) !!

If you are interested in reading it here's the link :

Acoustics Reality Series Xover

So passive Xover with good Amp is all I will recommend ;)!!

Regards.

Hi,

Suri the said Module is really good,but if I were you I'd think a bit and go for unless you are planning to get in the same way the goldline and Keiga :D !!

Its very very good no doubt,but I couldn't see the Amp specs there (meaning whether its Class A/B or D) it will in all probability be a CLass D,also the inclusion of those DSP's and such makes it bit tricky to just use it as plug N play !!

I've in the past worked with active crossovers and the likes,although its very good but until and unless the circuit is not optimised for the usage with a particular set of speakers (or drivers to partnered) it will not come close Amp Passive speakers !

The best example of such an active setup is Linkwitz Orion !! perfectly matched Active units to power the speakers !

Finally About the Wireless, Don't bet on it !! I have a Wireless unit with said 2.4Ghz transmission mode and can tell you its not upto the mark !! atleast not serious music wise ! No doubt you get the convenience but there are other things to worry bout ! for one how are you supposed to send he current via wireless ?

I think you'll agree with me that most of stereo amps are rated pretty high on current (upto 40Amps ) and you need such high current amps to get a good sound thats already established ! So in this digital transmission you only take voltage and convert it and send !! so the receiver will have its own troubles with current !

Ok you may say you'll only take the line level and send it and receive it then amplify it, even then the signal has to go through no of back & from conversion which will no doubt have some discrepancies !!

SO atleast for less complicated the better !! Keep it simple is my motto and will always stick to (atleast untill Am not fully convinced to switch) !!

Another thing is now Am looking at a different type of Xover (passive offcourse) which is said to reduce all the usual issues associated with the regular Xover !

Its called Series X-over by Acoustic Reality of Denmark which has introduced this revolutionary of a design !! this design is said to not only take of usual issues but also issues like BSC and what not !!

Although if one chooses properly a driver he needn't use BSC and all the jazz (some here may not agree but I wouldn't bother too much) !! I have speakers with bare minimum Xover which absolutely needed and sounds good (not only to me but others who have listened to it agree) !!

If you are interested in reading it here's the link :

Acoustics Reality Series Xover

So passive Xover with good Amp is all I will recommend ;)!!

Regards.

hi soundsgreat,

thanks for all the guidance-

those digimoda amplifiers are too expensive for me to play with!!:eek:

and anyway, i would want to listen to speakers done with digimoda, before i even started thinking about it - and if someone were to say very good things about it.

i have noted the points you made about wireless.

i will read about the acoustic reality series crossover later in the day.

regds suri

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back