Digital Audio Co-axial cable recommendation

It's supposed to be 75 Ohm including the connectors. Although really about video, this article is interesting. I may be well known for being no cablephile, but I really would hate to use a hotchpotch of not-designed-for-purpose connectors made worse by maybe throwing in an adaptor which probably wouldn't be great for a simple analogue signal.

If available, go optical! One purpose-designed interconnect between two purpose-designed connectors, and no adaptors. One can also boast electrical isolation :). If anyone mentions jitter, I'll scream --- and then ask how they think hotchpotch connectors will perform! :cool:

"It's supposed to be 75 Ohm including the connectors."

A lead is very much "an electrical connection consisting of a length of wire or metal pad (SMD) that comes from a device". Lead (electronics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it didn't include connectors, it would be called a wire.:rolleyes::cool:;):p:eek:

"I may be well known for being no cablephile"

No obligation, you are free to switch sides as per your convenience ;)

"I really would hate to use a hotchpotch of not-designed-for-purpose connectors"

What is a hotchpotch of connectors? And what is not-designed-for-purpose connectors?

Every 3.5 mm connector is designed for this purpose. Every RCA connector is designed for this purpose as well. I don't know anyone who uses these connectors as a stop-valve in car-engine, or a water supply chain, or as a replacement for whistle in a cooker.

[NITPICKING]There is no word such as hotchpotch. Birtish say hodgepodge. But it may be different for Indians, what do I know :p[/NITPICKING]

"made worse by maybe throwing in an adaptor which probably wouldn't be great for a simple analogue signal"

analogue signal? What analogue signal? Isn't this thread about a digital IC?

"If available, go optical!"

Optical? What optical? Posting without understanding a thread starter's requirement has become a fashion at this forum. This OP doesn't need optical, not even remotely.

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions but I already have a convertor plug and basically need a digital cable with RCA pins at either end since I can put the convertor supplied by Meridian at one end for the DAC input....

I checked Blue Jeans cables and the Belden 1694A seems like a good choice at $16.75 for a 4 feet cable...However the shipping cost of another 11 USD with maybe customs duty makes it expensive and if I have to spend that kind of money, I would rather buy locally...

All good nitpicks, Ranjeet. Full of self doubt, I took my heavy Shorter Oxford English Dictionary from the shelf and learnt that hodgepodge is actually a corruption of hotchpotch! But both have been in use in British English for a very, very long time.

Sorry if my post was not relevant. Yes, not reading or not understanding opening questions happens. Certainly not my first time.

Sorry, you are an cablephile that too follower of bluejeans cable..:p:p

It's supposed to be 75 Ohm including the connectors. Although really about video, this article is interesting. I may be well known for being no cablephile, but I really would hate to use a hotchpotch of not-designed-for-purpose connectors made worse by maybe throwing in an adaptor which probably wouldn't be great for a simple analogue signal.

If available, go optical! One purpose-designed interconnect between two purpose-designed connectors, and no adaptors. One can also boast electrical isolation :). If anyone mentions jitter, I'll scream --- and then ask how they think hotchpotch connectors will perform! :cool:

Need suggestions on choosing the below two cables:

1) Blue Jeans Belden cable with Canare pins
2) Audioquest Forest Digital Coaxial ...

The price for both the cables is the same...any suggestions/advice would help immensely...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back