Digital Output SPDIF issue

manish26264

My PC has Creative Audigy value sound card which has SPDIF output, I have also connected digital I/O module and connected the coaxial output to my AVR coaxial in. Operating system is XP, Software used are media player classic, windows media player, Power DVD 9 etc, Problem is I donot get any output from digital I/O, I have also checked the option digital output only.

If I remove the coaxial cable from the PC and connect to a Coaxial output of a DVD player it works. Can anyone let me know where have I made any mistake?:sad:

My PC has Creative Audigy value sound card which has SPDIF output, I have also connected digital I/O module and connected the coaxial output to my AVR coaxial in. Operating system is XP, Software used are media player classic, windows media player, Power DVD 9 etc, Problem is I donot get any output from digital I/O, I have also checked the option digital output only.

If I remove the coaxial cable from the PC and connect to a Coaxial output of a DVD player it works. Can anyone let me know where have I made any mistake?:sad:

creative audigy supports toshlink optical out - (AFAIK there is no caxial out) - use that with proper connector - it will work fine.

creative audigy supports toshlink optical out - (AFAIK there is no caxial out) - use that with proper connector - it will work fine.

Thanks for your information, but the manual says you can use digital coaxial output using creative's "Digital I/O module".

Manish, check with the Settings on your Audigy software and see if the default output is set to S/PDIF. Many DVD Players and some software will need to be set to send data through a particular channel.

Cheers

Last edited:
Also check the Creative s/w settings especially speaker settings. Digital output needs to be checked/enabled.

Thanks to all

You are right suprateep, its optical out, I connected the an optical cable and it worked but I got only stereo 2 channel, how to get pass through as I have media files which has 6 channel audio and also the DVD of Dolby Digital source is giving 2 channel output.

Thanks to all

You are right suprateep, its optical out, I connected the an optical cable and it worked but I got only stereo 2 channel, how to get pass through as I have media files which has 6 channel audio and also the DVD of Dolby Digital source is giving 2 channel output.

Use vlc media player where there is opt in audio section,select SPDF & it shld work.

Thanks to all

dude use mpc-HC (with ffdshow as audio decoder) or VLC. In ffdshow set the audio out to be passthrough for ac3 and DTS. That should set things fine. BTW if you are using default drivers of creative (download a patch from the creative site for ac3 fix) migrate to kxaudio and feel the difference. Kxaudio is generic and has facility to be used in asio mode that is better for 2 channel audio as well. KXaduio mixer too has all the options for 1 button check into spdif out mode.

Alternately as spiro suggested use vlc and in the audio tab use spdif out.Simple:clapping:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back