Dipole/Bipole speakers

gap g j

Friends which setup will be good for surround speakers, kindly clarify

For a 5.1 speakers setup which speaker will be best for surround speakers,
whether BS speakers or Bipole/Dipole speakers.
and
For a 7.1 speaker setup is it best to use Bipole/Dipole speakers for surround and BS speakers for surround back speakers or is it good to go for all same BS speakers for surround and surround back.

Thanks in advance

Rg
Gap G J

Friends which setup will be good for surround speakers, kindly clarify

For a 5.1 speakers setup which speaker will be best for surround speakers,
whether BS speakers or Bipole/Dipole speakers.
and
For a 7.1 speaker setup is it best to use Bipole/Dipole speakers for surround and BS speakers for surround back speakers or is it good to go for all same BS speakers for surround and surround back.

Thanks in advance

Rg
Gap G J

Its best to use Bipole/Dipole for the side surrounds in 7.1 setup and BS for the surround back as recommended by Dolby standards.

You can use di-pole/bi-or BS pole for boht 5.1 or 7.1 setup. If its a good quality speaker, then the polar ones will be excellent. Ohterwise they me be over/under whelming. I have seen a lot of people with cheap setups that did not do much justice to having this polar speakers.

What brands are you looking for?

I can help you with moddest knowledge-

Bipole= fires in phase with opposite direction
Dipole= fires out of phase

5.1 setup-
It is said that you have to place Dipole on sides in the line of ears but above 2 to 3 ft.It produces a null spot & gives good effect.

Bipoles on other hand can be placed on side wall or on rear to.They produce larger soundstage.

7.1 setup-
Many have experienced good effect using bipole as surr & Sat as surr back.

You can use di-pole/bi-or BS pole for boht 5.1 or 7.1 setup. If its a good quality speaker, then the polar ones will be excellent. Ohterwise they me be over/under whelming. I have seen a lot of people with cheap setups that did not do much justice to having this polar speakers.

What brands are you looking for?

I'm looking for Warfedale WH2 centre and surround.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back