Direct shipping from Amazon-UK for many more items to India

manzb

Guys, there is a good news that Amazon UK has started shipping many electronic items to India via standard shipping (takes 5-6 days). So any one who is planning to buy BD player or other electronic items which is sold by Amazon directly and is eligible for Amazon global, you can directly do so instead of using any 3rd party. The Shipping is reasonable and also you get the benefit of 20% of VAT rebate upfront (in many case it will take care of your shipping charges). They charges Import fee deposit at the current rate applicable and will refund if not charged. :yahoo:

It makes things much simpler for anyone planning to buy electronic or other Amazon Global eligible items from Amazon-UK. The icing on the cake is that GBP is depreciating like anything and is now under INR 81, which was close to 90 few months back.

So guys happy shopping.... :clapping:

I tried with couple of items and it is not working.

You may please click on the "Amazon Global Eligible" tab on the left hand side to figure out whether the items you have selected are eligible.. I checked for few items like BD/ DVD players, Computer peripherals etc, and they are working fine.

Any AV receivers? Tried a few and says can not ship. Some reason amazon.com is ready to ship only harman kardon products to India. :rolleyes:

I think that items must be sold and shipped by Amazon.co.uk. 3rd party items cannot be shipped. But I could be wrong. I tried BDPs and they could be shipped. Kitchen equipment could not be shipped.

Yes you are right.. Amazon direct products only... no marketplace items. I have not seen any restrictions as long as it is listed after checking the "Amazon Global eligible", in the shipping options of the products listing page.

Within this month Pana going to release new BD players in US & UK market. All the current models are likely to attract a very good discount after that. It is better if someone is planning to buy from US or UK to wait for end of the month for a better deal.

BTW, Orei at that price of 140GBP is not a great deal considering that Pana is available at a cheaper cost and can be made Region free with 2k extra or so.

Agreed Manzb with that assessment. Lets hope the prices go down so there is lot of happy buying! Mine is already on the way now and hopefully in about 2 days.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back