Ditch DTH !!??

aafi

Hello Everyone,
Since Internet rates have dropped substantially and unlimited data has become affordable is there a way to completely ditch DTH/Cable connections and just hookup the TV to the internet and watch all channels ?
I mean why pay a hefty price for HD channels?
Also with the Internet connection we can get uninterrupted viewing expereince irrespective of weather conditions.

Any ideas/suggestions /review?
Possible /not possible?

Done it already. Now with Netflix, Amazon prime, hotstar & Sony tv app

Hotstar and Sony TV app will have limited channels iam guessing, what about all other channels ?
Would like to know your setup and Whats your internet speed?

If you watch live sports in HD, better to stick to dth. Hotstar and sony liv stream in 720p, usually delayed 3 min and hang randomly.

Hotstar and Sony TV app will have limited channels iam guessing, what about all other channels ?
For Amazon Prime, I have 10 MBPS Unlimited Plan (Cap of 500GB.) which seems enough for my use.

Rs 200 for one year hotstar sports subscription.I have 80 Meg fiber connection with 380 GB monthly limit

I am thinking of purchasing a jio phone with an HDMI adapter, which is now broadcasting all major channels without any additional cost

7 years -NO TV. What i watch is already available on the Internet.( and barely have time to view that too):rolleyes:

7 years -NO TV. What i watch is already available on the Internet.( and barely have time to view that too):rolleyes:
Why are you running like mad, without time to enjoy small things in life? To achieve what? Think about it

Why are you running like mad, without time to enjoy small things in life? To achieve what? Think about it
LOL! I am not running anywhere...although i wished i did to keep me healthy. My comment was simply regarding the OP question, and I suppose we all here are opining our views. And i try to refrain from judging people without knowing anyone personally or going somewhere which is not part of the forum subject.

LOL! I am not running anywhere...although i wished i did to keep me healthy. My comment was simply regarding the OP question, and I suppose we all here are opining our views. And i try to refrain from judging people without knowing anyone personally or going somewhere which is not part of the forum subject.
Sorry, if I offended you any way. My comment was on your statement 'I barely get time to view that' , and wanted to remind you that we all need to spare sometime for ourselves and our interests, in this busy world. Its us ourselves who needs to find needed time, no one else will help us with it.
By the time we realize that we have spent life running behind work without enjoying the best things in life, it will be too late

Sorry, if I offended you any way. My comment was on your statement 'I barely get time to view that' , and wanted to remind you that we all need to spare sometime for ourselves and our interests, in this busy world. Its us ourselves who needs to find needed time, no one else will help us with it.
By the time we realize that we have spent life running behind work without enjoying the best things in life, it will be too late
How old are you?

Hello Everyone,
Since Internet rates have dropped substantially and unlimited data has become affordable is there a way to completely ditch DTH/Cable connections and just hookup the TV to the internet and watch all channels ?
I mean why pay a hefty price for HD channels?
Also with the Internet connection we can get uninterrupted viewing expereince irrespective of weather conditions.

Any ideas/suggestions /review?
Possible /not possible?

I think it is possible to some extent...lots of other factors play in to achieve this....the most recent experience......Hathway Cable suddenly stopped Colors channel service.....this irked my mom to the core... ;) Hathway responded that Colors is charging them high subscription rates and hence the disruption since 24th April......obviously I cited the Annual subscription contract violation of non airing of channels etc......and also pointed the fact that the other cable TV supplier in the area and DTH services were still airing colors......
Colors has been restored now......as on today afternoon....

In the meantime to keep my mom happy.....registered on Voot......hooked my laptop thru HDMI to the TV and streamed all the missed programs....it was a program marathon over the last few days.....mom was happy.....problem solved.....

In my view, I guess it will be the future soon.....no cable services.....except in remote areas etc.....so DTH guys need to be mindful of customers and provide apt service with reasonable costs

Amazon prime +Hotstar on Apple TV Gen 5 .. works for me and I have a 4 MPBS unlimited plan from Joister .

Hmm well DTH is definitely on its way out, however, not just yet in my opinion. The ease of switching on TV and swiping through channels is not yet available on streaming apps. I do use Amazon Prime, Jio TV, etc. however, Airtel is still main stay, probably for around a year more I guess.

MaSh

I don't know what made me renew my subscription to the platinum pack of videocon. I haven't watched Dish in a long time. Occasionally, my mom watches serials in the living room. I should rethink my subscription to the platinum HD pack. Mom has cable in the bedroom.

I think that in the current scenario of affordable internet and available streaming services, Cable and Dish just might take a back seat.

Ditched, little more than a year now.
Amazon Prime, youtube on Fire stick. The local news channels((like, v6, ABN, TV9 Telugu) stream LIVE on youtube, to keep up with latest news, a few minues delayed though. Other shows we follow are delayed by a day but we got used to it in the last one year.

I don't see we going back in near future.

I contradict the views of others. Although this is strictly my own view and I respect everybody's view completely, but I think there is still a while before we may ditch DTH completely. Maybe another 4-5 years.

For e.g. we all watch almost all the regional marathi channels everyday, which are nowhere available on the internet. I personally watch NGC, Discovery, travel and food channels regularly (if not everyday), which are again nowhere available on the internet. Same goes for sports (for which I agree on hotstar upto some extent, but as rightly said, hotstar is not reliable and often hangs/stops in the middle.

I have a 100 Mbps Fiber connection with 200 GB data monthly and another 1.6 TB of accumulated data which can be used.

P.S. I also have Prime and Netflix as well, but no hotstar(I used the free version of it).

I am thinking of purchasing a jio phone with an HDMI adapter, which is now broadcasting all major channels without any additional cost
Good idea, but Jio phone has a daily limit of 1.5gb which I think is too less to watch a few HD channels

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back