DIY - Active 3-Way Xover - LR 24dB/octave

But IMO it does not matter for DIY builders as they are designing only for the measured driver parameter. Hence even if the drivers are not meeting the published QC that does not mean its junk. You can still build your own box with the measured parameters. If you rely on the published parameters then you are asking for trouble and there will be endless tweaks without any achievement.

Purchasing locally for a production run is ruled out as these drivers cannot follow a set design pattern and need to be voiced individually which is impossible for commercial production.

Hi hari
Atleast a pair should have matched parameters
I think even for DIY that is important

Hi hari
Atleast a pair should have matched parameters
I think even for DIY that is important

We should ask/ demand for a matched paor else look elsewhere. No easy way out if the supplier does not care.

I strongly believe that even if you are in 'Error' its okay, but the error should be ' Consistent'. Only then after repeated 'Errors' you can look for 'Process Improvements'. Erractic and unpredictable variations are difficult to design in any system Their Nyquist criteria keep on changing and cam never achieve steady state behavior.

Last edited:
Back