DIY Amplifiers

wateraudio

I'm planning to build a 100 watts x 2 amplifier on my own..I don't know where to start ...Can someone guide me on this ...also where to buy the components in Chennai

Hi,

Well Venkat thanks for recommending my name !

Now tell me what kinda Amp you want build ? offcourse 100W is the very basic detail that you have already mentioned ! I mean is it for a pure two channel Audio or is it for Sub or whats the purpose ?? reason is for each application there are different topology to be used !

Please do let Us know for Us to comment on the Amp !! Also please mention your skills at the soldering front and basic electronics ! Please don't mistake me for asking,its just that I don't want to suggest something complicated to you thats all !!

Regards.

Um here are the details... I'm going to use it with the computer ... it has got a sb live card with 24/96 output..it should feed two speakers and a sub maybe...no I don't need a sub... :) an eng graduate i know all the basics ....

Hi,

Ok but one small confusion !

it should feed two speakers and a sub maybe...no I don't need a sub...

What you mean is it should give line out ??

Anyway the Amps which will give 100W are plenty, as already suggested by other member in your other thread there are IC based and discrete devices based !

The IC based are LM3886 or the TDA 7294 Dmos chip based Amp ! both are fairly simple to build and have been raved for their quality sound !

The Discrete route is bit tough ! but if you are upto it then you can try variety of designs in that ! though the preferred type is Class AB for in general ! so anything in that design will do ! for the components and other kits your preferred destination is Ritchie Street Mount Road or Radio market in the area ! go to a shop called elektor kits ! its in the first floor ! they have some solid Amp kits ! all of them are from elektor UK so The original UK design and sound !! or else go to the keen kits opposite Torvin office in seliyamma koil street of the Radio market ! its a sister concern of Torvin and they have all the assembled Amp Boards,so you have to do the rest !

Let Us know any more info is required !!

Regards.

Sreekanth and (Wateraudio) and others...

A humble request...

Though in am nil in Internal Technicalities of Chipsets/ICs and whatever, but
please please please...
Continue your discussion for the amplifier and all other DIY, here only...
It would really be great to learn and see how a product is made...

Buddy, do post, each and every pic of steps you achieve...

With you atleast we will learn something or the other...

Please do it.. for me.. for the members....please...

Thank You well in advance....

A coffee treat in CCD/Barista from my side for Sreekanth & Wateraudio in Bangalore...once the product is complete...hehehehehehe

Take Care Guyz...
N
Best of luck.... for the DIY...

Gonna start with LM3886 ... Love coffee @ Barista will complete it soon and show you guys...mod pls don't close this thread ...I'll update the status daily :)

Gonna start with LM3886 ... Love coffee @ Barista will complete it soon and show you guys...mod pls don't close this thread ...I'll update the status daily :)

and cookies from mee..too provided you post some cool info on DIY cabinet part

Ya planning to design a retro cabinet ....Vents on top & sides.... for the base I'm going to use Rosewood ...and anodized alumium for front, rear & top ...it will have a huge volume control knob in the middle surrounded by blue and orange leds....and a power button on the left mid it'll have green led which will glow if the amp is in opearation and red if its in idle mode...on the two sides of the volume knob ..gonna put bass & treble controls....I hope you can visualize it...will upload the pictures asap :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Hmm looks like its going to be one hell of an Amp buddy !! well quite imaginative you are !! keep us hooked !

Its nothing pal you are always welcome to ask anything !! hope the links serve the purpose !!

Regards.

Ya planning to design a retro cabinet ....Vents on top & sides.... for the base I'm going to use Rosewood ...and anodized alumium for front, rear & top ...it will have a huge volume control knob in the middle surrounded by blue and orange leds....and a power button on the left mid it'll have green led which will glow if the amp is in opearation and red if its in idle mode...on the two sides of the volume knob ..gonna put bass & treble controls....I hope you can visualize it...will upload the pictures asap :)

wow great DIY spirit , keep it up! ... buddy cookies :eek: are booked now for the barista treat...

i cant wait to see a line drawing done for the front panel....
use what ever u can ... i will make a virtual model if u put a line drawing here..:p

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back