DIY AV Rack and Book Shelf Stand.

Sir,

This has come out well and price seems very reasonable compared to commercial offerings. I have one question. Can the rear be covered in some way so that the wires etc cannot be seen from front? This may help hide all the wire connections and will look neat.

Thanks

Sir,

This has come out well and price seems very reasonable compared to commercial offerings. I have one question. Can the rear be covered in some way so that the wires etc cannot be seen from front? This may help hide all the wire connections and will look neat.

Thanks

Instead of whole cover, I Prefer to install an vertical plate or channel( like box) or to your taste and design, so wire shall be routed thru it and most of it will not be visible.

Regards

Last edited:
This opens the price war from commercial offerings. AV rack cost is very cheap and frankly to tell I don't have idea about the speaker stands, since away from the price research of those.

The AV Rack cost me Rs.14,765/- and the Speaker stands cost me Rs.12,575/- Including those sexy / potent Spikes. Delivery charges to my residence ie Auto fare Rs. 600/=.

The same Rack imported one was coming around 80K and some what similar one weighing only 37kgs on the whole, quote was 42K after the discount. The speaker stand similar one imported landing cost was nearly 75K and a very very flimsy one of Two pillar design in India costs Rs. 18K to 22K.

Note: In case some one wanted to get some thing done and dispatched they have to add the wooden crating charges and some miselaneous packing materials cost which in my assessement should not go more than Rs. 3000/=

Hope this opens the secret.

R. Balagopalan

Full covering is possible or else since the plate thickness is 2.5mm M-5 tapped hole (5mm threaded hole) can be provided at the rear side of the shelves in equal distance so that any cable tray or nice 6mm thick full size laminated sheet of any colour, design can be screwed. Once the tapped holes are provided then the options are innumerous.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back