DIY cabinet for Coral 12TET 1 speakers

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
I have been eagerly waiting for two things. To plug in my Cambridge pre and power amp with my setup. And the other, the isotope phonostage.

Most have not heard of the isotope phonostage. Its not given its due credit. Designed by a gentleman called Vikas who I think is also on the forum as doors666. I have no idea about the technical details at all. I heard about it the forum on a thread. I saw and heard it at Joshuas house in Mumbai. I wanted it. So got in touch with Vikas.

Vikas sent me the bare minimum phonoboard, his kit with the minimum bare essentials. Next was to figure out who would build it for me. I asked josh if he was up to it. He readily agreed very kindly. So, after a few months of building and acquiring parts for the kit, couple of nights back josh came over with the Phonostage ready.

Now this fellow josh is in a league of his own. He has spent so many nights building this kit, paying attention to the smallest of details. And the aesthetics are just lovely. He has run from pillar to post to complete this job for me. The minutest of details he has given thought to and he has produced such a fantastic lil phono. He has done everything from taking electrical measurements to laser cutting of the box. This guy is a genius. But he wont admit it. I thank josh from the bottom of my heart for taking on this project and giving me back a fantastic lil phono.

So, he came home and we plugged it into my Cambridge pre and power combo along with my technics TT. Plugged into the coral cabs. My speakers were setup horribly wrt positioning and josh fixed that. He also realigned and caliberated my cart. The phono is still in a lil burn in stage. It just keeps getting better and better. Listening impressions will be given by josh. Technical details and what parts have gone into the phono also will be given by josh cause I have no clue.

Thank u mr shuvam Misra for the Cambridge. Thanks josh for the phono. And thank u shafic Bhai for the speakers. Time to enjoy.

I have been eagerly waiting for two things. To plug in my Cambridge pre and power amp with my setup. And the other, the isotope phonostage.

You seem to have more amplifiers than speakers :)..

Share some pics..

Thank u mr shuvam Misra for the Cambridge. Thanks josh for the phono. And thank u shafic Bhai for the speakers. Time to enjoy.

When you have access to a bunch of passionate ppl, who enjoy what they do, you can't ask for better things than that.. :thumbsup:

Haha elango, no man. Just two amps. The marantz for the tv and the Cambridge pre/power for the music.

Gave away the sansui amp after I got the Cambridge. Hadn't connected the Cambridge cause it did not have a Phono. Now I have one .
61f3653d11f72905dc0803a2f422353c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oops ok prem thanks will do so immediately.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back