DIY Floorstanders/Bookshelf: Help Required

Captain has pointed it out frankly.

Debz, appreciate your spirit! But as Kaushik has repeatedly tried to make clear, DIY is no magic way to build stuff that sounds better than branded stuff at half the price, in the first attempt. It will take quite a bit of research and more so hands on experience, alongwith use of good design and resources( materials, labor) to get it done right.
So budget for trial and error too!
But you have to start somewhere, and its good that you dont let doubts prevent you from starting at all. Keep it up!
You could try using single driver/wide bander in open baffle config as your first project, then later add a diy sub to it using the peerless driver and plate amp from Varsha Electronics.

If price point matches ,
as Captain told try to get drivers from Danny and pay using 'Paypal' (setting up paypal is not easy some times in india try ) .

May be the drivers only can be imported .. we will manage the Xo guy locally .
Dont remain scared , people importing lakhs of items everyday that include sensitive camera optics via Dropshippers (never import directly).

Last edited:
May be the drivers only can be imported .. we will manage the Xo guy locally.

How would you decide what components would go into those XOs:confused:
Making XOs is akin to designing a speaker as per the TSPs of the drivers. Can you fantom how difficult it is and what knowledge levels one should possess?

IMO, the easiest way is to go with a full kit like that of Danny which includes cabinet build plan. There are many more out there.

@captrajesh, kaushik and iaudio

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree that at the point where I had asked if a xo was needed or not, I have come a long way from there. Now I know the basics but as pointed out, I still have a long way to go. I am not scared to get started with this adventure, was a little skeptical though earlier. But keeping you guys in mind and seeing how you guys have evolved especially in the DIY field gives me hope to give it a try.

As it stands today I have not given up on the idea. I still don't have a pair of speakers since I have been confused regarding which path to follow.

Hoping that if I choose the DIY path, I would get all the help I need from you guys.

Moreover I may be considered as a very quick learning 4th grader :p I just didn't know what a crossover was then. But after going through a whole lot of documents and forums, I feel a little more confident. I can now design a XO using
X-over 3 pro using the driver TSP's :) Again I have a long way to go but need to start at some point though.

Let's see where it takes me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I may be considered as a very quick learning 4th grader :p I just didn't know what a crossover was then. But after going through a whole lot of documents and forums, I feel a little more confident. I can now design a XO using X-over 3 pro using the driver TSP's :) Again I have a long way to go but need to start at some point though.

Let's see where it takes me.

Good to know. Wishing you all the best.

How would you decide what components would go into those XOs
Making XOs is akin to designing a speaker as per the TSPs of the drivers. Can you fantom how difficult it is and what knowledge levels one should possess?

I was telling not to design , smarter way to replicate if dropping XOs cuts the cost .
or is Dannys Xo values are not public ? (any ways XO design is not THAT difficult when i have designed active filters during engineering ,
people here can help him if needed )
cant we copy the ones from the XO the forum guys got via the kit (i was not fully following)

Last edited:
I was telling not to design , smarter way to replicate if dropping XOs cuts the cost .
or is Dannys Xo values are not public ? (any ways XO design is not THAT difficult when i have designed active filters during engineering ,
people here can help him if needed )
cant we copy the ones from the XO the forum guys got via the kit (i was not fully following)

I'm not sure if it is that easy. May be, you being an avid DIYer know better.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back