DIY open baffle speakers and subs. with pix.

kaps

I got inspired by the Jamo OB speakers and made a mini OB enclosure by my own hands using waste mdf pieces ?ying at home. Another OB sub enclosure I have made using panels of an old mdf study table. I want to share the pix with the forum .

Although they are unfinished as yet. I plan to drive the subs with 450 watt rms amp. And OB from a 220 watt rms amp. Shall incorporate Sony HU and nokia stereo bluetooth in the system . Will add a Technics eaualizer lying idle.

I am also seriously inspired by MUONs by KEF which are a visual delight. But that project at a later date.

Pics soon.

Nice work Kaps. True DIY spirit is to use all and any available material and come out with something fruitful. Keep posting....

Next would be sanding, puttying, sanding and painting. Shall keep posting the progress. I am planning 2 pioneer ovals, 2 aiwa 8" woofers and 2 jbl 12" subs. Pioneers shall be high power 300 watt max each. Aiwa 300 watt max each and JBL 1000 watt each max. Shall start work once house renovation is over.

I had given a test run and the bass thump from JBL twins was shaking my sofa and rattling the windows and other stuff. Open Baffle bass is kinda pure and uncoloured as there is no resonance issues at all.

Regards.

Regards.

The oval driver OB with sub looks good too! You are going active crossover way, right?

OB to me gives correct sounds (less or no colouration).
I wonder how big your rooms are to play such powerfull machines!
All the best and happy listening.

My OBs ready for transducer fitment after Mahogany matt finish paint. Tomorrow will fit the drivers. Pics.

Regards.

Attachments

• 1367671811775.jpg
    1367671811775.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back