DIY - Room Acoustics..

From a thickness perspective, 50 to 100 Hz is impossible to treat through material. There are other ways you can build tuned traps which can be used. But in the 50 Hz to 100 Hz, PEQ is better. In my case (read my thread), I had a very strong mode at 34Hz which didnt budge with any bass trap but was easily handled by PEQ.

Tuned Bass Traps are slightly more difficult to DIY, there are ready ones from GIK but you can buy a PEQ at the same price.

Thanks! I have been looking at GIK also. Some the tri-traps start getting affective at 40hz but at a lower efficiency. They seem to get better post 80hz.

The monster traps and sofit traps are ok from 50 and get better beyond 80hz.

Coming to PEQ...the peaks can be managed..but will they do the troughs too?

Btw I’ve been contemplating on getting Dirac Live MacOS version too. But have to upgrade my old Mac...so been putting it off :’(

Btw I’ve been contemplating on getting Dirac Live MacOS version too. But have to upgrade my old Mac...so been putting it off :’(
No traps works to control frequencies below 100hz, only PEQ works period. My dedicated HT room size is 12X16 and my room transition frequency is 200hz. I have dual SVS PB 2000s and Rythmik FV15HP, have integrated three subs with minidsp 2X4 hd. Once the lockdown is open will be getting another FV15HP (luckily my current FV15HP was delivered on 20th March).

No traps works to control frequencies below 100hz, only PEQ works period. My dedicated HT room size is 12X16 and my room transition frequency is 200hz. I have dual SVS PB 2000s and Rythmik FV15HP, have integrated three subs with minidsp 2X4 hd. Once the lockdown is open will be getting another FV15HP (luckily my current FV15HP was delivered on 20th March).

Ok. I have to give Dirac another try. Will do it post lockdown

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back