DIY speaker system FS (20hz-20khz capablitity)

rupy

Dear DIY enthus,
Please let me know of a design and availablity of components for a FS full range speaker capable of 20hz-20khz.I do not want to get into the complications of a divider network as it spoils the sound.Nothing to beat a clean powered full range speaker.The amp would be 50 W.Also,If it is not better than branded stuff then let me know as my aim is to make something better than branded stuff for the same budget.Thanks.

Dear DIY enthus,
Please let me know of a design and availablity of components for a FS full range speaker capable of 20hz-20khz.I do not want to get into the complications of a divider network as it spoils the sound.Nothing to beat a clean powered full range speaker.The amp would be 50 W.Also,If it is not better than branded stuff then let me know as my aim is to make something better than branded stuff for the same budget.Thanks.

No divider network? Meaning you want a single driver to do the 20-20k range? You probably will have to wait for 100 years for that, because the technology doesnt exist as of today.

if you want to do 20hz at -3db point, you probably are going to need at the bare minimum a 12" driver, that too ported. search for designs along these lines.

The best you can get is with a Fostex 6.5" with a -6dB response of around 28Hz in a TL enclosure. I am not aware of any other driver currently.

how abt active xover!?
no passive components in the path so clean full range can be achieved with multi-way drivers! you would need to go atleast 3-way (if not 4-way!) to achieve 20hz-20khz, so u would need three stereo amps (may be of diff. power).

Alpair 12 - Damped Air Coupler box design - Page 7 - diyAudio

Alpair 10 in design called pencil.

A little hassle if you can take make BLH

audio-talk :: View topic - Build of the MJK BLH speaker for Alpair 10 driver

t_p7190017_207.jpg

maybe most pros go fostex due to popularity..

but Alpairs have very good performance going pretty low, some people added tweeter
for ultimate coverage.
advantages are like:
you dont need sub to fill low freqs region unlike many fostex in <15k range,no crossover etc needed.
Cut the mdf to suitable size pop in drivers just wire up
one FM has bought a pair...we were supposed to finish build by this time but he has got very little time

The xmax of these Mark Audio drivers are absolutely crazy. On paper, they look like really amazing drivers to build a system with. Any idea why they aren't more popular?

Just asking out of curiosity.

People expect high efficiency with fr drivers, maybe to use tube amp. alpairs have low sensitivity, low power handling ratings, doesnt work with all the genres, doesnt really work in very large rooms.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back