DIY Speaker to build in Kolkata

subhajitmitra

Hello Everyone!!

I am Subhajit from Kolkata( Sodpur). I am very new to this hobby i.e. DIY Speaker. I have HD 6XX, Modi Multibit, Cavalli Tube Hybrid etc as portable audio option. Now want to explore speaker segment within INR 30k to 40k. Have been searching net for few days and short listed 2 projects for DIY. First priority Pensil then Frugel Horn XL. My room size is 13 x 12. I want some specific info on cabinet maker in Kolkata or nearby. And where to get all the material other than driver? Any specific store in Kolkata? Please help.

I do not know any cabinet maker in Kolkata but if you have the design plans or are able to make them then find a good carpenter and your work can be done.

Regarding materials, there is diyaudiocart.com, theaudiocrafts.com and couple other diy websites where you'll be able to find most of the stuff. Also google would be your best friend.

I'm currently in my first build. You can have a look my build thread to get an idea to organize your self for a diy project.

I do not know any cabinet maker in Kolkata but if you have the design plans or are able to make them then find a good carpenter and your work can be done.

Regarding materials, there is diyaudiocart.com, theaudiocrafts.com and couple other diy websites where you'll be able to find most of the stuff. Also google would be your best friend.

I'm currently in my first build. You can have a look my build thread to get an idea to organize your self for a diy project.
Hi Kevano,

Good to see your project. Are you doing a soldering job on your own?
Can you please tell whether bracing is required for Pensil cabinet? And also please share which stuffing is required for the cabinet? any product link?

Hi Subhajit,

For cabinet building, you may wish to get in touch with Hertz Audio owner Mr. Kaushik Mitra. His office cum residence is at Bhawanipore. He is onto professional audio installation. Pm'ed his contact.

Good to see your project. Are you doing a soldering job on your own?
Thanks. No not for this project.
Can you please tell whether bracing is required for Pensil cabinet?
Rule of thumb says a brace every 20 cms.
And also please share which stuffing is required for the cabinet? any product link?
Please read this- https://drive.google.com/file/d/16j9rOXLL6uPSykyZ1OI9yk0QjQ-fZCXb/view?usp=drivesdk

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back