DIY Super Simple Preamp

sachu888

Hi all,
I have got few requests regarding a new thread for Super Simple Preamp or Simple Active Preamp.It is based on Rod Elliot design
By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/sachu888]sachu888 at 2012-06-28[/URL]
This is very simple to make and has very few components.It can be run on two 9V batteries and perfect for first time DIYers.Original thread can be found here Simple Active Preamp
People find it very musical and better than most of the integrated preamps.There are few members on HFV who have built this little preamp and quite happy with the performance.I will be providing a full kit for this.Kit will include all components,minus case,batteries,and RCA plugs and Volume pot.I need to order PCBs for this project.Post your interest here if anyone wants to participate.Price for this kit would be Rs 1300/- including shipping by DTDC anywhere in India.Here is the pic,which I have assembled(incomplete) for FM Murli

Regards,
Sachin

Hi sachin,

I received the SSP board just now, by courier. Will post my impression once it is fitted in the cabinet.

Thank you for prompt delivery, will deposit the amount tomorrow as I was busy with some guest the whole day today.

N.Murali

Last edited:
Hi sachin,

I received the SSP board just now, by courier. Will post my impression once it is fitted in the cabinet.

Thank you for prompt delivery, will deposit the amount tomorrow as I was busy with some guest the whole day today.

N.Murali

No problem Sir,let us know your listening impressions once you complete the preamp.

Regards,
Sachin

I am interested.

I have added your name.

Regards,
Sachin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I have got few requests regarding a new thread for Super Simple Preamp or Simple Active Preamp.It is based on Rod Elliot design
This is very simple to make and has very few components.It can be run on two 9V batteries and perfect for first time DIYers.Original thread can be found here Simple Active Preamp
People find it very musical and better than most of the integrated preamps.There are few members on HFV who have built this little preamp and quite happy with the performance.I will be providing a full kit for this.Kit will include all components,minus case,batteries,and RCA plugs and Volume pot.I need to order PCBs for this project.Post your interest here if anyone wants to participate.Price for this kit would be Rs 1300/- including shipping by DTDC anywhere in India.Here is the pic,which I have assembled(incomplete) for FM Murli

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachin,
Please count me in too for the kit.

On a side note, being an absolute newbie to this, can you include RCA plugs and a volume pot (at an extra cost !!) also as part of the kit. Maybe you can make these as optional items for FMs who are interested in them.

This will be really helpful for newbies like me who will then just have to assemble and put into a case. I liked the idea of the 'jewelry box' which you had used for a case in an earlier build.

Thanks,
Anand.

Sachu,

I was going through the thread in AK and hypnotoad has mentioned he has gone in for a change in the value of resistor in the feedback loop, opted for 33k/51k, as the gain was too high with 100k resistor. What do you think?
TIA

Sachu,

I was going through the thread in AK and hypnotoad has mentioned he has gone in for a change in the value of resistor in the feedback loop, opted for 33k/51k, as the gain was too high with 100k resistor. What do you think?
TIA

100K is not deciding gain but that is to shunt output to ground and stop unwanted oscillation at output (this may be safely ignored or value could be increased). Gain is decided by 8.2K and 10K. I am using 10K in place of 8.2K.

How much would a b1 cost as compared to a ssp?
1 X B1 = 5 X SSP, approx. (if used AD823 which is costing more (~450 ea +shipping) due to Dollar escalations.)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back