Do I need 2 Channel Amp

sunild

Hello Guys,

I recently brought Klipsh 8000 F, I have Kilpsh RP 600C centre channel, surround Klipsh R -51,SVS Prime elevationAtmos speakers, SVS PB 1000 paired with Marantz SR5012.

When I was using R-51 as Front L and R, Movies use to sounds good, but now with Klipsh 8000 F, I don't feel a good upgrade, in fact it degraded my movie experience.

Not sure if this something do with speaker they sound dull or I need an 2 channel AMP to open up 8000F.

Can someone through some light and share your experiences. what may be going wrong here, I have setup this in 10x12 room.

Regards
SK

Hello Guys,

I recently brought Klipsh 8000 F, I have Kilpsh RP 600C centre channel, surround Klipsh R -51,SVS Prime elevationAtmos speakers, SVS PB 1000 paired with Marantz SR5012.

When I was using R-51 as Front L and R, Movies use to sounds good, but now with Klipsh 8000 F, I don't feel a good upgrade, in fact it degraded my movie experience.

Not sure if this something do with speaker they sound dull or I need an 2 channel AMP to open up 8000F.

Can someone through some light and share your experiences. what may be going wrong here, I have setup this in 10x12 room.

Regards
SK
When you say sound "dull", do you mean its not loud enough, the dynamics are missing or something else?
Apparently, you definitely need power to drive those 8000 F specially the woofers won't even perform to quarter of their capacity without powering properly.

When you say sound "dull", do you mean its not loud enough, the dynamics are missing or something else?
Apparently, you definitely need power to drive those 8000 F specially the woofers won't even perform to quarter of their capacity without powering properly.
Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your responce, Yes it was not loud enough and no bells and wisels It was like not having FL and FR, I did tried calibrating several time.

Strange thing is with R-51 I was getting better movie experience than 8000s. Yes will try to buy a 2 channel amp to power 8000s will see if this can improve.

Regards
SK

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your responce, Yes it was not loud enough and no bells and wisels It was like not having FL and FR, I did tried calibrating several time.

Strange thing is with R-51 I was getting better movie experience than 8000s. Yes will try to buy a 2 channel amp to power 8000s will see if this can improve.

Regards
SK
If you want to try 2 channel PA, you might just biAmp it for Center Channel.
I would recommend to go for at least 3 Channel PA (powering LCR).

If you don't want to invest much, probably 2 X 2 channel PAs like Crown. One for Center and another for the LR

If the budget is about a lakh even BasX A7 would do very audible improvements.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back