Do we need a generic section?

Do we need a Generic Audio/Video discussion section?

• Yes

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madbullram

Our HFV has grown with many new categories and sub-categories but one thing I always felt as an handicap is when I discussing multiple things or comparing across product categories.

For example, if I am comparing 5.1 sound for music 2.0, I dont have a specific section/aub cat or i want to post Flac vs MP3 vs ...., there isnt a clear place to post it. These are just 2 examples but there have been many instance in which a post can be fit into three sub-cats and we dont know which one to fit.

I was thinking, do we need to create new section names "Generic Audio/Video Discussion" and have one sub cat as "Audio Discussions" where one can focus on any discussion related to audio and "Video Discussion" where we can discuss anythign with respect to video or multiple comparison across video equipment and also combinations discussion like Oppo with Onkyo, Oppo with Marantz etc.

What do you guys think?

note: Pls vote your pref.

@MBR,good suggestion.me thinks it will help streamline things and in the process make queries/threads more relevant to the categories involved/posted in,unlike what we see now.cheers

Ram, I think what you are proposing makes sense. It is the need of the hour to have a generic audio and video discussion section.

I think the word should be general. Otherwise, I agree!

Generic means belonging to a group with quite a lot in common. A Genus is a group of species. A family is a group of geni (genuses?).

Generic --- one of the widely mis-used words of the English language.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back