Do You Miss Your casettes

Yea, agree with you 100%. Cassettes are fun and there is a lot of nostalgia assocaited with them. When there were no CDs, and LP records/equipment were a bit too expensive to fit in an average school kid's pocket money-based budget, cassettes were the saviour. With a few hundred bucks from savings, one could build a decent cassette player and get started. Those were the days!!

Last edited:
Not any more :)
went home and got all my favourite tapes out of storage. Found everything except a willie nelson and james last tape i was particularly fond of.
Hooked it up to my newly acquired old tape deck, and I'm good to go :)

If cassettes is what you prefer, then chrome is a must. The normal bias ones sound a lttile dull and lifeless. But hey its still an analog medium not digital so it will have that something which is missing in CD recordings. I have a pile of them lying unused since a decade. Waiting to convert them in 24/192 flac format

Cheers

Hi, once you convert them to flac format ... if you are willing to chuck them out, kindly let me know. Coz I still do buy/collect audio tapes.

I am still playing them. I love them.

I find the rotating spools hypnotic....I can spend hours sitting close to the deck and watching them move......

..and I am envious of all of you guys who have such hi end tape decks...

Enjoy while you still can....

best regards,
Jawed

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back