Do you most watch HD or non-HD on WD media player?

manishk13

Hi

I dumped a couple of SD movies (750MB) on my NAS yesterday for testing and watched it on my TV using WD media player and was reasonably satisfied. I mean it was good quality and had no complaints

The question I have to owners of WD HD media player is : do you use it for this kind of SD content or HD streaming ?

Thanks
Manish

I am having WD media player since 3 months.
I am using it for SD,HD and FullHD and the results are very good.:)

I use it mostly for SD content. Though I have a couple of 1080p movies but I wonder if the picture quality is worth the huge size of the movie. Having said that I have not caliberated my LCD (HD ready). Maybe thats the reason for it.

Have about 100 odd movies on hard disk, out of which, only 3 are SD. The SD ones are OK in isolation, but noticeably grainier and with less detail compared to the HD rips.

Hi,

Though i have quite a few 720p moveis my HDD contains SD movies too.Some times some good movies are not available in HD.So have to watch them in SD.But the PQ is is not all that bad.

cheers,
sri

people having a full HDTV (specially 40+") and a decent net connection would obviously opt for HD viewing .......

I watch both SD and HD (50/50) via Xtreamer.. upscaling for SD is good on my 720p Plasma..But I move to farthest seating position (about 10 feet) for SD viewing.. for HD content I come close (about 6 feet)..

well the divx rips do look nice but i still like watching the 720p hd rips on the wd. 1080p is an overkill for me as i dont have a full hd plasma. most of my collection includes 720p rips usually ranging around 1.5-2 gb.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back