Do you remember FM monikers?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

I am facing this small problem. I’ve been active for a while on the forum, but I still find it difficult to remember the monikers/nicknames adopted by many members. So I keep confusing between one and the other and am not able to form a coherent profile of any one of them. For example I keep mixing @firearm12 ans @Fiftyfifty in my mind and so on. :)

Now, where the FMs have used their own names (part or full), I don’t face this problem. I am easily able to correlate them with their names.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not against using adopted names - for this reason or any other. But want to know how is it for the rest of you? Does anyone else face this peculiar problem? And if anyone of you was able to find a solution/hack that worked for them, please do share.

Haha! I have this problem even with real names. I guess unless you know the person through a transaction or conversation, this problem will remain. When I have a conversation or connect with an FM on whatsapp, or meet him in person, the past conversation becomes a reference to relate to that person. Otherwise, real name or moniker, it has as much or as little meaning. What if my real name was Fiftyfifty, would that make it easier for others to remember?

Otherwise, real name or moniker, it has as much or as little meaning. What if my real name was Fiftyfifty, would that make it easier for others to remember?

That’s the thing with me - I am able to remember members who use their real names, but not monikers. And I am talking of members with whom I have had same level of engagement. There may be rare exceptions like @tuff whom I met in person.

I don’t think that imagining your real name Fiftyfifty will aid my memory - it’s difficult to fool it. Guess because memory is an unconscious function and it is used to certain words as human names and prioritises remembering them over things it decides to forget.

I have a simple solution for this ; I usually save the actual name as last name and forum ID as first name, whenever I'm conversing offline I don't get confused.

But as far as online conversations go, I luckily don't get confused between FMs easily. I try to remember them based on the primary Speakers they're listening to...

Now you should be able to remember me
He better ;)

I am facing this small problem. I’ve been active for a while on the forum, but I still find it difficult to remember the monikers/nicknames adopted by many members. So I keep confusing between one and the other and am not able to form a coherent profile of any one of them. For example I keep mixing @firearm12 ans @Fiftyfifty in my mind and so on. :)
Both have their pics as monikers now, unlike earlier. Thanks, I guess, to the recent thread on the subject :)

I want to add few lines here. Stage Monikers who have made our lives so full of entertainment. A few among them..
Kishore Kumar: Abhas Kumar Ganguli
Madhubala : Begum Mumtaz Jehan Dehlavi
Manoj Kumar : Harkrishna Giri Goswami.
Dev Anand : Dharamdev Pishorimal Anand
Rajesh Khanna: Jatin Khanna
Ajit: Hamed Ali Khan
Meena Kumari : Mehzabeen Bano
Dillip Kumar: Muhammad Yusuf Khan
Akshay Kumar : Rajiv Bhatia.
Sir Ben Kingsley : Krishna Pandit Bhanji
Tom Cruise: Thomas Mapother IV
Lady Gaga: Stefani Germanotta
Elton John: Reginald Dwight
Woody Allen: Allen Stewart Konigsberg

Shania Twain: Eilleen Edwards
Michael Caine: Maurice Micklewhite
Stivie Wonder: Steveland Judkins
Meg Ryan: Margaret Hyra

Whoopi Goldberg: Caryn Elaine Johnson

I strongly believe the monikers have been adopted primarily to sound simple. short and easy to remember. But each of them carries a story behind the adopted nicknames.

Back