Does pairing a good AV receiver matter more to a HTS than having excellent speakers?

Re: Does pairing a good AV receiver matter more to a HTS than having excellent speake

Ok, a little bit of struggling with google sketchup got me here near to what my room looks like:
15n7lmu.png

9ks8eb.png

As you can see, in these pics, the carpet area is around 13x15/16 and total living room which includes a dining is about 13X28 something. My tv would be suspended on a wooden plank and one of the speakers would be mounted on to the plank. The area behind the plank is the foyer area - so the wall starts like a U shape from the plank and ends with the sofa. I have already setup the speaker points in my living room.

Now, how badly do you think would the acoustics take a hit in this kind of a room? with walls enclosing about 2 and three quarters of the room, does it make sense to invest big on a HTS? Is there a chance that I would be about 90% satisfied with the way my HTS would sound, given the fact that my room setup is less than ideal?

Hi fedexp,
A bit late (but maybe not tooo late:) )....

If your couch is against the back wall consider placing the surround sound speakers at the side walls. Side walls at the listening position is acutally the recommended surround sound configuration. But my couch sites 3/4 of way back in my room and I do have mine against the back wall so I am not following this as well.

But if your couch is against the back wall that is a compelling reason to mount the surrounds on the side walls at your seating position.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back