• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Does same brand LCR make a difference ?

Luxman Amplifiers India

sunster

Hi,

Currently I have Paradigm Monitor 9s as my floorstanders and a JBL EC25 as centre. Hooked up to a Denon 2200W AVR. Surrounds are Paradigm cinema ADP surrounds. Subwoofer is a Boston Acoustics 1100 BT.

Will it make a difference to change the JBL Centre to a Paradigm Centre 1 or centre 3 (Double the cost)

WOuld there be a considerable difference in sound quality for movies or multi channel music.

Thanks

SUNNY

spirovious

Hi,

Currently I have Paradigm Monitor 9s as my floorstanders and a JBL EC25 as centre. Hooked up to a Denon 2200W AVR. Surrounds are Paradigm cinema ADP surrounds. Subwoofer is a Boston Acoustics 1100 BT.

Will it make a difference to change the JBL Centre to a Paradigm Centre 1 or centre 3 (Double the cost)

WOuld there be a considerable difference in sound quality for movies or multi channel music.

Thanks

SUNNY
Yes.
Center with same brand/series make sound better.

Develish

I am in a similar situation, except that I am shopping right now. I am buying Q900s for the fronts but am debating between the Q600C or Polk TSx 250C for the centre. I have heard both, and the difference is 19-20 (as we say unnees bees). The price difference is huge. Rs 44,000 vs Rs 20,000 list price.

But then, I am 69% music, 30% TV which is primarily news, hollywood serials, and science. Few movies. 1% is Blu Ray.

As I have been advised repeatedly on this forum, audition the speakers and then take YOUR decision based on what sounds best to YOU.

efernand1

Hi

If you are into movies or concerts more (5.1 / 7.1), then the center is very important and you need to get a good one which can produce all frequencies clearly and properly.....there are many brands....you need to audition and go for the one which performs better....

Audition with a concert (same song) and same movie scene (action) and decide which one to go for.....

sash

This is my opinion based on my experience.
LCR being from same manufacturer/series is overrated in my opinion. I had a heterogeneous setup and did not notice difference.
But that said, you need to have a "serious" center channel. One that is as capable as a LR. If you skimp on center you will regret as you'll soon discover that most of the movie sound is heard through the center channel. In my case, i got the Klipsch 62 LR and still had the magnat center. The moment i saw the Klipsch 62 center channel, i just was blown away - it is so huge and will never break a sweat whatever is thrown at it. So i got it. I have seen the Polk 250 C and it is a beast - you should not find it lacking.

Naturelover

Staff member
With just 1% blu ray, I wouldn't even think about spending that much more for 19-20. Lol

mshifi

does make a difference but not a huge difference. take a call based on your budget