Does the date of import count?

Nagaraj S

Hi all,

I recently picked up a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 through a local dealer.
While everything looks good, the date of import of that unit is July 2020. So, curious whether I should be worried about the import date, which is 10 months ago. Does the date of import really count if the unit is new, packed well and unopened? I was wishing the date of import was only a few months old.

Thanks
Nagaraj

I really doubt such an item would be imported so frequently specially with the pendemic , so July 2020 is absolutely fine in my books
Even if a lot of 100 pcs are imported it does take time to sell and as I said even more with the pendemic

Hi all,

I recently picked up a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 through a local dealer.
While everything looks good, the date of import of that unit is July 2020. So, curious whether I should be worried about the import date, which is 10 months ago. Does the date of import really count if the unit is new, packed well and unopened? I was wishing the date of import was only a few months old.

Thanks
Nagaraj
Not to worry, CA & other boutique brands take time to sell in India compare to the more janta brands like Denon & Marantz.

This is completely normal, i have bought 1.5 year old imported stock & all that you need is to check if the packaging is good & sealed.
As another member mentioned, the warranty/bill is all you need to worry about.

Enjoy your CXN V2..

Cheers.

Pls do not worry about the date of import as others have said as long as the product is in good condition. Your warranty will be active from the date of purchase as mentioned in your invoice.
Just to give an example. I got a Dell monitor with last year's import probably in October. The carton had a hole and was taped. I did a thorough check on the monitor to look out for dead pixels after removing it from the carton. It works just fine with the warranty activated from March end 2021.
In short nothing to worry as some products take longer to sell.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back