Dolby Atmos 4K media player...no CONFIRMED cheaper android boxes??

Guys I was wondering why no one talking about Xbox one s/x here? It has simple setup and plays Atmos and all that you can think of and also plays games :) . Stable and gets updates from Microsoft. Plays blue ray and has internal storage etc. you can install all common apps from Microsoft store . And come around 20k . Cheaper if u get from US or used one.

Here were are all are trying to put forth Rs.5K boxes...give or take a couple of thousands. Xbox is beyond the word “affordable” as it cost 3times more than the target price. Leaving price apart...x box is one hell of a box for it’s multi facet capabilities. Price is the only reason to leave Xbox or nvidia shield or minix U9-H or Himedia Q10pro behind.

I have x box S and it has its own limitations. It fixes one particular audio out for all formats and you have to change it everytime according to the file played. 3d setting is a pain too.

Guys I was wondering why no one talking about Xbox one s/x here? It has simple setup and plays Atmos and all that you can think of and also plays games :) . Stable and gets updates from Microsoft. Plays blue ray and has internal storage etc. you can install all common apps from Microsoft store . And come around 20k . Cheaper if u get from US or used one.
Does the Xbox support streaming apps as well as Kodi well?

I found one 2.3k price and if you are lucky with no custom charges - X96-W Android 7.1 TV Box 4K S905W

I think this should play 4k contents easily as per the reviews and based on the recommendations of @BOSS8055 to have the amlogic S905w processor.
Price is lucrative but 1gb RAM & 8gb ROM seem to be under powered. Also S905w is outdated compared to S905X2. Please consider these if 1080p with lossless audio (Dolby TrueHD/Atmos & DTS x / MasterHD) is desired. 4K needs much more beafed up specs.

I think I could set the Plex app on my NAS server not to transcode as I am able to play it directly on the C9 now without any lags or stuttering during playback over the LAN. So for the time being I am good with Plex running on my NAS and playing on the TV.

I hope you haven’t taken my naive question in an offence. The android tv boxes are a complex web & if you unknowingly miss out on a small feature leads to disappointment.

arre, no man. didnt get offended at all. was just asking for clarification on what exactly you meant by your question :)

Xiaomi Mibox 3 / S - abt 6K on amazon.in, same as Shield interface (Android TV interface).. It can bitstream Atmos to AVR..

I use Nvidia sheild and my brother uses Xiaomi Mi box 3, in both scenarios i have used it to FHD capability only.. Never played 4K content as we both are still with FHD capable projectors..

I had used a generic Android box.. chinese ones, it was able to do the duty of FHD playback & Atmos bit streams.. This is enough if FHD and Atmos bitsream capability is enough.. No experience with 4K content..

Yes IMO.. All you need is capable media player.. All my experience has been with Kodi so far and it gets the job done..

Anyone would need application updates.. I think OS update will not apply here..

The generic Andorid box that i had was Android 6.0.. Never got an update..

Nvidia / Xiaomi Mi box - Both were 7.0 out of the box and now stands at 8.0.. In all these scenarios, it was Kodi doing the audio bit streaming and it did it, regardless of OS update..
Hey. With respect to Nvidia Shield Pro, which Android app can support Dolby Atmos video files?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back