Dolby Atmos movies List

hey guys ... this may sound like a dumb question... an immersive sound will actually cover this.
But still ... let me ask.... which movies have the clearly noticeable sound movements from left to right and front to rear etc ???
u understood what i mean ... ??

hey guys ... this may sound like a dumb question... an immersive sound will actually cover this.
But still ... let me ask.... which movies have the clearly noticeable sound movements from left to right and front to rear etc ???
u understood what i mean ... ??
From the limited movies I watched.. I think Gravity has something similar

" Lone survivor" is one of the movie with active surround sound where most of the bullets fly through surround speakers and explosion take place at front speakers. " Jupiter ascending " uses surround speakers brilliantly for rendering sound of flying objects. Famous scene of " Jungle Book" where Mogli meets kaa use surround speakers exclusively . First attack of Sherkhan on Mogli in grass directly lands from left surround speaker to left ear vigorously.
It's difficult to count one but most of today's movies uses surround channels actively for creation of immersive audio experience.

" Lone survivor" is one of the movie with active surround sound where most of the bullets fly through surround speakers and explosion take place at front speakers. " Jupiter ascending " uses surround speakers brilliantly for rendering sound of flying objects. Famous scene of " Jungle Book" where Mogli meets kaa use surround speakers exclusively . First attack of Sherkhan on Mogli in grass directly lands from left surround speaker to left ear vigorously.
It's difficult to count one but most of today's movies uses surround channels actively for creation of immersive audio experience.
Thanks a lot !!!☺️☺️☺️☺️

Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, did a third-quarter 2018 earnings call.

Transcript of call: https://www.imore.com/apple-earnings-q3-2018

Best quote from call: "And tvOS will take the cinematic experience of Apple TV 4K to the next level this fall, with support for Dolby Atmos audio and new features to easily find popular shows and movies. Apple TV 4K already offers customers the largest collection of 4K HDR movies, and this fall iTunes will be the home to the largest collection of Dolby Atmos supported movies anywhere."

Guys My observation..
  • BladeRunner 2049 is a fantastic sound mix ..I bought bluray in Both Atmos & Auro 3d;)
  • Jumanji is also having good sound mix (Forgot the codec:p)
  • Black panther sound track was not that impressive (Need to increase Volume much )
  • Great Wall - Very good one for Video & audio
  • Power Rangers - Very good for audio (Movie sucks)
  • Justic League -Very Good video & audio (Though story line is not that muchh impressive)
Hi,

Jumanji is having Atmos soundtrack.
Actually, all marvel movies (Black Panther, Avengers infinity war, Capt America civil war etc.) disc by Disney has that issue. God knows, what software they use while manufacturing the Blu rays. Internet has given a new term to it (Disnitis) :p. There is no bass effect nor appropriately loud volume.
I agree with your given list.

Hi,

Jumanji is having Atmos soundtrack.
Actually, all marvel movies (Black Panther, Avengers infinity war, Capt America civil war etc.) disc by Disney has that issue. God knows, what software they use while manufacturing the Blu rays. Internet has given a new term to it (Disnitis) :p. There is no bass effect nor appropriately loud volume.
I agree with your given list.

Yes Most of Disney Bluray sucks...Heard that to have cost effective measures ,they were using some software which may eats away dynamics of the Track . Some movies you may need to reach above reference level to have good sound effects.

Divergent Series
Pacific Rim
Tomb Raider
Mad Max: Fury Road
San Andreas
Ready Player One
Blade Runner Series
Transformers Series
Power Rangers 2017
Crimson Peak (DTS:X)

For dts X the best one is Jurassic World Fallen kingdom has great sound mix.
Goosebumps - Atmos
10 Cloverfield - Atmos
Mission Impossible: Fallout - Impressive Atmos track
Spiderman home coming - Impressive Auro3d track
Pixels - Auro3d
Dark Tower - Auro3d
Red Tails - Auro3d
Auro 3d demo disk - Vol 1 ,Viswaroopam - One of the Impressive Auro3d demo track
Aeroplane take off , Helicopter flyoff , Country side Tractor demo - Are one of the best of Auro 3d demos

John wick : trilogy
Madmax
San Andreas
Terminator: genesys
Great wall
Fury
Air force one
BVS
Wonderwoman
Justice league
Man of steel
Matrix :trilogy
Transformer:1-5
Spiderman:home coming
Guardian of galaxy
13 hours
Mother
IT 1&2
Red 1&2
Dredd
Gravity
Kong
Aquaman
Hunter killer
XXX 2
Sicario
Godzilla:king of monsters
Passengers
HELLBOY (old)
Hell boy (new)
Expendables: trilogy
Rambo (2009)
Godzilla (1999)
Mortal engines
Jumanji
Tarzan
Hackshaw ridge
Saving private Ryan
The nun
Curse of la Llorona
Cliffhanger
Fifth element
Conjuring Annabelle 1&2
Shazam
Bumble bee
Overlord (opening sequence)
MI 5&6
Meg
Ready player one
Sully
Ghost in the shell
Everest

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back