Dolby Vision-ready HDMI cables

vkalia

Hi guys -

So i seem to be having a problem with my AppleTV not sending 4K/Dolby Vision videos to my TV. It can send 1080/DV or it can send 4K/SD.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be the HDMI cables, but i just want to do a sanity check here. These are the cables I have:

These are the cables I plan to replace them with:

Am I correct in assuming that:
(a) the first set of cables dont have the bandwidth for 4K/DV?
(b) the new set of cables do?

Thanks!

Hi guys -

So i seem to be having a problem with my AppleTV not sending 4K/Dolby Vision videos to my TV. It can send 1080/DV or it can send 4K/SD.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be the HDMI cables, but i just want to do a sanity check here. These are the cables I have:

These are the cables I plan to replace them with:
I had the exact same problem, on further probing it was reveled that not all ports do Dolby Vision.

Try a different HDMI port on your TV, first. If it still doesn't work then get the UGreen cable. I have the same cable and can confirm that it plays well with Dolby Vision.

Am I correct in assuming that:
(a) the first set of cables dont have the bandwidth for 4K/DV?
(b) the new set of cables do?

Thanks!

a) Correct
b) Yes

I had the exact same problem, on further probing it was reveled that not all ports do Dolby Vision.

Try a different HDMI port on your TV, first. If it still doesn't work then get the UGreen cable. I have the same cable and can confirm that it plays well with Dolby Vision.

a) Correct
b) Yes

Good point - i just checked and no, it isnt the ports, either on the AVR or the TV. UGreen cables ordered and should get delivered day after tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back