Dolby Vision-ready HDMI cables

vkalia

Hi guys -

So i seem to be having a problem with my AppleTV not sending 4K/Dolby Vision videos to my TV. It can send 1080/DV or it can send 4K/SD.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be the HDMI cables, but i just want to do a sanity check here. These are the cables I have:

These are the cables I plan to replace them with:

Am I correct in assuming that:
(a) the first set of cables dont have the bandwidth for 4K/DV?
(b) the new set of cables do?

Thanks!

Hi guys -

So i seem to be having a problem with my AppleTV not sending 4K/Dolby Vision videos to my TV. It can send 1080/DV or it can send 4K/SD.

As far as I can tell, it seems to be the HDMI cables, but i just want to do a sanity check here. These are the cables I have:

These are the cables I plan to replace them with:
I had the exact same problem, on further probing it was reveled that not all ports do Dolby Vision.

Try a different HDMI port on your TV, first. If it still doesn't work then get the UGreen cable. I have the same cable and can confirm that it plays well with Dolby Vision.

Am I correct in assuming that:
(a) the first set of cables dont have the bandwidth for 4K/DV?
(b) the new set of cables do?

Thanks!

a) Correct
b) Yes

I had the exact same problem, on further probing it was reveled that not all ports do Dolby Vision.

Try a different HDMI port on your TV, first. If it still doesn't work then get the UGreen cable. I have the same cable and can confirm that it plays well with Dolby Vision.

a) Correct
b) Yes

Good point - i just checked and no, it isnt the ports, either on the AVR or the TV. UGreen cables ordered and should get delivered day after tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back