Double din music system

heliumflight

Hello Friends,

I am going in for the Astar Lxi which is without the music system. However, the space provided is for a 2 Din system. Appreciate if you all can help me in...

• Also want to know what is the difference, as in double din Vs standard?
  • Can you suggest Imported and Indian double din systems?
  • Can you suggest speakers for front with whole bodied sound?

Kindest regards,
--
helium

Last edited:
You can fit a single DIN HU in the Estilo. Use the empty space for ipod/CDs

Some time back, 2 DIN HUs meant CD and cassette. These days the cassette has been replaced by a screen. Some are even touch screen. Adds to the bling quotient:D
Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Clarion and Pioneer have 2 DIN HUs. Stay away from Sony.
Speakers are personal preference. Audition Illusion, Bull, Hertz, Kicker, DLS, JBL, etc.

Had seen in a Getz that screen working as a monitor for rear bumper camera. Not sure which HU it was but helpful incase you are going to install a camera in the rear bumper

Thanks

Shuv,
Now I understand what is the purpose of double din.
Are Illusion, Bull, Hertz, Kicker, DLS, JBL, etc available in Delhi?

rikhav,
Thanks but Im a plain simple stereo person.

--
helium

Then its better to go for a Alpine head unit (normal one) which can play audio cds and mp3s. Double din IMO are more of a style statement
Bull audio is for sure a dealer in delhi and if not wrong only dealer or main dealer is in delhi.
About other brands Neo or Magma can give you some information

Bull audio is available in delhi at

GYRO
Moti Bagh,RIng road
(Near Nanakpura Gurudwara)

Sales: +9999434976
Ph: 011-24104976

They also stock Illusion. This info i got from another forum where someone from delhi suggested component speakers in 6k range. His suggestions were Illusion Electra, Bull, JBL
JBL are quiet bright sounding, and i think you may not like it

Last edited:
I have a Pioneer AVH P3100 DVD that i bought a few months back on Amazon for 300 USD. It is quite versatile with a host of features.

For speakers, I have gone with JBL components (608c) for the front and Coaxials (GTO 637) for the rear. I am quite happy with the performance.

I have also hooked up a rear view camera with the HU and it is proving to be useful.

Hope this helps!

HF - FYI - I have alpine HU, alpine CD changer in my car. I guess the speakers too are alpine. HU/ speakers are factory fitted, while CD Changer is showroom fitted at the time of delivering the car to me.

Most of the audiophile head units are single-din barring the now discontinued Panasonic valve head unit.

It is not compulsory to use a double din just because the space is provided. You can install a single din head unit and install a dash pocket in the remaining space. And usually, at the same budget you'll get a much more feature-packed single din head unit than double.

I've heard good things about Gyro's jobs. Maybe you could audition a few speakers and decide what you want.

Hello Friends,

I am going in for the new Zen Estillo which is without the music system. However, the space provided is for a 2 Din system. Appreciate if you all can help me in...

• Also want to know what is the difference, as in double din Vs standard?
  • Can you suggest Imported and Indian double din systems?
  • Can you suggest speakers for front with whole bodied sound?

Kindest regards,
--
helium

Hi,
You can check this one listed in ebay. It is with 7 inch screen double din dvd player with GPS too. The best one in its price. It has subout for ext.amp too.

eBay Seller: hightechdealsever: Consumer Electronics, Cameras Optics items on eBay India

Folks thank you for all your replies.

I have decided to go the easier way, the Astar Vxi model which has a Kenwood stereo fused in the dashboard and factory installed front door speakers.

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Congrats Sumant. Astar vxi is ultimately selected over Zen estilo. Astar is a good looking car. BTW Did you check I10?

Folks thank you for all your replies.

I have decided to go the easier way, the Astar Vxi model which has a Kenwood stereo fused in the dashboard and factory installed front door speakers.

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Congrats Sumant. Astar vxi is ultimately selected over Zen estilo. Astar is a good looking car. BTW Did you check I10?

Actually I10 is 25k less than Astar and in my opininon more value for money but I still preferred it over to the I10 because I felt the Hyundai people treat their customers like Dogs. Moreover the fuel efficiency, Maruti network support and resale value were on top of my priority list.

Hi Helium
If you say Hyundai people treat their customers like dogs, i wonder how will you react to know how Fiat and Skoda treat their customers :)

I feel after Maruti, Hyundai has the best service network when it comes to choosing a hatchback or a saloon.
Look at the Accent and Santro, spares still available with ASS and very cheap as well
I hope you would have also checked out Ritz. I am not sure if everyone will like the looks and whats the price difference between Ritz and Astar. Ritz petrol is the bigger engine K series engine (1.2 L). Astar has a 1L K series.
So Ritz will be also quiet good in fuel efficiency along with better space

Hi Helium
If you say Hyundai people treat their customers like dogs, i wonder how will you react to know how Fiat and Skoda treat their customers :)

I feel after Maruti, Hyundai has the best service network when it comes to choosing a hatchback or a saloon.
Look at the Accent and Santro, spares still available with ASS and very cheap as well
I hope you would have also checked out Ritz. I am not sure if everyone will like the looks and whats the price difference between Ritz and Astar. Ritz petrol is the bigger engine K series engine (1.2 L). Astar has a 1L K series.
So Ritz will be also quiet good in fuel efficiency along with better space

Thak you rikhav for sharing your views. What ever I wrote is from my personal experiences with Hyundai, after all I was ready to spent 4L. I did take a test drive for Ritz, Estillo, Astar, I10 and like I said I10 is more value for money but Ritz is bigger the engine more is the fuel consumption.

I agree that Ritz would consume more fuel then the Astar as its 200 CC bigger. But if you want more space in your car it will be a good trade off.
Also the new K series engines are quiet fuel economical.
I am not sure but the Ritz 1.2 would be at par with I10 1.1 L engine in fuel consumption

BTW the Astar also has the K engine and this would be a part of all future Maruti engines henceworth.

BTW the Astar also has the K engine and this would be a part of all future Maruti engines henceworth.

Yeah thats true. The Ritz engine will sooner or later find way in the Swift. Most exciting would be to have a K series in a SX4.

Hello Sharmaji,

Congrats for your new car! I suggest to have an audio system bought seperately than the co. fitted one because you will have many choice.

I have a Nakamichi CD300 Head unit with JBL component at rear and company fitted speakers at the front. Pretty good and it sounds very neutral.

rgds,
Venu

We are going Off Topic. The thread is about Double din music system and not for which cars are superior.:indifferent14:

Do double din head units have removable face plates? In that case it will be difficult to carry them for guarding them against theft.

We are going Off Topic. The thread is about Double din music system and not for which cars are superior.:indifferent14:

Do double din head units have removable face plates? In that case it will be difficult to carry them for guarding them against theft.

Sorry for going off topic.
I think the double dins dont have a removable face plate.
Kunal can confirm that as he has just recently purchased a double din head unit

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back